Clips disappear when any camera is hidden

BruceH

Clips disappear when any camera is hidden

Post by BruceH »

I have 3 cameras on my system, I decided to clone the CAM3 camera to set up some different alerts etc. that I was having trouble configuring on a single camera. The new cloned camera is called CAM3a.

With all four cameras visible I see all of my clips in the "All Clips" sidebar, if I hide the CAM3a camera and set the system to not show the hidden cameras, all of the clips disappear with the exception of the clips that are recorded since the CAM3a camera was created.

The disappearing clips is not related to the camera being hidden, only to the setting to show hidden cameras setting in the layout popup.

Any suggestions on what is going on?
BruceH

Re: Clips disappear when any camera is hidden

Post by BruceH »

It looks like it was a corrupted database, I shut down the blue iris service, deleted the contents of the DB folder, restarted BI and did a database rebuild, the issue with the clips disappearing appears to be solved.
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

Well I spoke too soon, all of the older clips and alerts prior to adding the cloned camera still disappear.
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

Well I think I have got this issue sorted, I will explain what happened and how I fixed it for the benefit of anyone else that encounters this issue.

When I added the new cloned camera, I changed the names of some of the cameras in an attempt to clean up my naming convention, not sure why this caused BI such a problem. When I looked in the new folder I could see files with both the new and old &CAM names, this was apparently causing BI issues when I toggled the "Show hidden cameras" setting in the Layout popup.

The solution was to rename the cameras back to the original names prior to adding the cloned camera, I then shut down the BI service and went to work changing all the file names in the new folder to align with the original names. Once this was done I then cleared all the files in the DB folder and restarted BI followed with a DB rebuild, which took quite a bit of time. even after doing this I noticed that a few records will still being created with the renamed camera names. I left BI running for awhile until it was creating records with the original names again, then repeated the rename rebuild process. Now that it has been running for the better part of 16 hours everything appears to be working properly again.

I would like to clean up and reorganize my camera names at some point, which leads me the question of how to do this without causing this issue to reappear?