Question for the experienced -trigger/zones

surgefix

Question for the experienced -trigger/zones

Post by surgefix »

Is there a way to force bi to retrigger when object /motion enters into another zone from the zone where trigger started while initial trigger is still on ?

My problem is that I have zone A and zone B , I asked bi to sms me when something happens in zone B , and it’s working when triggered from zone B initially .

but if initial motion before it got to zone B triggered in zone A and alert is created it won’t sms me because it seems that “on action “ alerts going by initial motion zone and therefore not eligible to be send to my phone although alert clip will show motion AB
YrbkMgr

Re: Question for the experienced -trigger/zones

Post by YrbkMgr »

Couple of ways to skin that cat depending on the details of what you're looking to do. Maybe give a real life scenario that made zone B special, and the purpose of zone A. Using AI? Motion is a generic term and could mean anything - leaves moving on a lawn and if you're using deepstack, that makes life easier, but without more details, it's academic. If you can elaborate on your goal, that would help.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Don't mean to undermine....

I've been in similar situations, and have found it easier, and simpler, to clone the camera and have each camera handle the specific zone with it's own alerts/triggers.

For example, the Master camera could be your current Zone B where you always want an SMS, and the clone could the current Zone A. Of course, your would use Zone A in both cameras.

I gotten flack about this (On the dark site). The thing about clones are, they use minimal resource as they use the same stream(s) as the Master camera. The clones motion detection will increase cpu/gpu slightly.
surgefix

Post by surgefix »

YrbkMgr wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:06 am Couple of ways to skin that cat depending on the details of what you're looking to do. Maybe give a real life scenario that made zone B special, and the purpose of zone A. Using AI? Motion is a generic term and could mean anything - leaves moving on a lawn and if you're using deepstack, that makes life easier, but without more details, it's academic. If you can elaborate on your goal, that would help.
my real life scenario is pretty simple , its a front of the house camera showing the driveway and the cars that passing by.

each time car passes by alert created and i can review it later if needed .

the road is zone A.

the drive way itself is zone B.

if the car pulls from the road into drive way its entering zone B, now an sms should be send to me , it wont unless initial trigger of the car driving on the road is ended . i will get an SMS alert from from zone B if the person set in the car for the (break time) and then exited car , for most scenarios person will pull in the drive way exit the car quickly and will be heading towards the house so intial trigger still going on ,so no SMS is sent .

yes i do use deepstack.

yes i know i can reduce the break time but doing so i might loose some important footage , currently for my needs and what works good for me is 30 sec .
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

[/quote]
MikeBwca wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:30 am Don't mean to undermine....
Not at all! This is the place where we drink beers and contemplate the universe. We're all just trying to figger out how everyone else got it to work. Ever see the movie The Wedding Crashers - People Helping People, it's powerful stuff
I've been in similar situations, and have found it easier, and simpler, to clone the camera and have each camera handle the specific zone with it's own alerts/triggers.

For example, the Master camera could be your current Zone B where you always want an SMS, and the clone could the current Zone A. Of course, your would use Zone A in both cameras.

That's exactly what I do for one of my cameras at the back of the house - I can't stop snow or rain from triggering the camera, so I use a clone and tweak it. When played side by side, you can evaluate your settings. In the image below, the master camera triggers before the clone, because the clone has zone crossings enabled. Note, Zone A is not shown, but covers the entire area.
I gotten flack about this (On the dark site). The thing about clones are, they use minimal resource as they use the same stream(s) as the Master camera. The clones motion detection will increase cpu/gpu slightly.
My older brother used to criticize my ideas, but never seemed to help, just acted like the south end of a northbound horse.
surgefix wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:23 pm my real life scenario is pretty simple , its a front of the house camera showing the driveway and the cars that passing by. each time car passes by alert created and i can review it later if needed . the road is zone A. the drive way itself is zone B.

if the car pulls from the road into drive way its entering zone B, now an sms should be send to me , it wont unless initial trigger of the car driving on the road is ended . i will get an SMS alert from from zone B if the person set in the car for the (break time) and then exited car , for most scenarios person will pull in the drive way exit the car quickly and will be heading towards the house so intial trigger still going on ,so no SMS is sent . yes i do use deepstack.
You need a third zone. A covers everything where you want motion detected, then change A to B and B to C. The image below is the "tripwire" diagram for the front of my house. Zone A is only covering areas where I want motion detected - at night headlights reflect off the building so I masked that out. If there's a zone crossing camera triggers, Deepstack evaluates for a person, and confirmed alerts -> notification. Note Zone H - this is my fail safe. If that door opens, all bets are off, trigger camera & send me an alert.
Admittedly, Mike's solution is easy and helps you figure out how to fine tune settings. That map above was created 7 years after I started using BI, so... there's that.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I've written a post about Multiple Zone-Crossing that has worked very well for me, using 3 triggers across the path...https://blueirissoftware.com/Forum/view ... f=4&t=3191

Open to comments & criticisms. (Ge gentle) ;)
surgefix

Post by surgefix »

YrbkMgr wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:34 pm
Not at all! This is the place where we drink beers and contemplate the universe. We're all just trying to figger out how everyone else got it to work. Ever see the movie The Wedding Crashers - People Helping People, it's powerful stuff

That's exactly what I do for one of my cameras at the back of the house - I can't stop snow or rain from triggering the camera, so I use a clone and tweak it. When played side by side, you can evaluate your settings. In the image below, the master camera triggers before the clone, because the clone has zone crossings enabled. Note, Zone A is not shown, but covers the entire area.
My older brother used to criticize my ideas, but never seemed to help, just acted like the south end of a northbound horse.
surgefix wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:23 pm my real life scenario is pretty simple , its a front of the house camera showing the driveway and the cars that passing by. each time car passes by alert created and i can review it later if needed . the road is zone A. the drive way itself is zone B.

if the car pulls from the road into drive way its entering zone B, now an sms should be send to me , it wont unless initial trigger of the car driving on the road is ended . i will get an SMS alert from from zone B if the person set in the car for the (break time) and then exited car , for most scenarios person will pull in the drive way exit the car quickly and will be heading towards the house so intial trigger still going on ,so no SMS is sent . yes i do use deepstack.
You need a third zone. A covers everything where you want motion detected, then change A to B and B to C. The image below is the "tripwire" diagram for the front of my house. Zone A is only covering areas where I want motion detected - at night headlights reflect off the building so I masked that out. If there's a zone crossing camera triggers, Deepstack evaluates for a person, and confirmed alerts -> notification. Note Zone H - this is my fail safe. If that door opens, all bets are off, trigger camera & send me an alert.
Admittedly, Mike's solution is easy and helps you figure out how to fine tune settings. That map above was created 7 years after I started using BI, so... there's that.
[/quote]

thanks , maybe i don't understand exactly what your saying, but if I am going to use crossed zones , then it would Triger when crossing accrued , but what if car keeps going down the road ? it wont create the alert in the the alert section unless entered into zone B .
surgefix

Post by surgefix »

thanks for idea , your way would work for what i need , but if there is way to do it without using a clone i would prefer it .

my main problem is that i cant find away to kill initial Triger , and start anew Triger when zone B got entered .

the whole issue is that the actions "on alert " checks from where /what zone motion initially started and that's it , if it would keep analyzing the motion travel before trigger ended then it would work .

i guess i want to much ?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

surgefix wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:20 pm thanks , maybe i don't understand exactly what your saying, but if I am going to use crossed zones , then it would Triger when crossing accrued , but what if car keeps going down the road ? it wont create the alert in the the alert section unless entered into zone B .
If motion detected anywhere in A -> sensor params determine if camera triggers. So a car might trigger the camera to record. In order for an Alert Action (SMS notification) to take place, it has to be blessed by deepstack. Check out the Zone Crossing using Multiple triggers discussion for more detail.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.