"Alt Framerate" in Record tab not being applied to recordings

EpicLPer

"Alt Framerate" in Record tab not being applied to recordings

Post by EpicLPer »

Heya!

Currently moving my BI installation to a new Server and I want to enable Continuous recordings there. To save a bit of space I wanted to limit all cameras to only 3 FPS via the "Alt/timelaps Framerate" option.
However, viewing and exporting the clip shows that it's still the original framerate the camera provides, which is about 20 FPS. The video is also way too smooth to just be 3 FPS, so it seems the option is not getting applied. I'm using the Diret-To-Disk option, but it also doesn't seem to change when I use the Encoding options instead.

Is there anything else I'm doing wrong?

Thanks already!
YrbkMgr

Re: "Alt Framerate" in Record tab not being applied to recordings

Post by YrbkMgr »

I've never used that feature, but I think the first thing to check is whether or not you are using Direct-To-Disc recording.
Help p. 106 - Direct-To-Disc
Cannot be used with time-lapse options. All video frames must be saved, as each frame relies on the previous one in order to be decoded for display.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
EpicLPer

Re: "Alt Framerate" in Record tab not being applied to recordings

Post by EpicLPer »

Ah, yeah, not using Direct-To-Disk works now. Seems I just didn't have my settings right the first time when I tried and thought both options didn't work.

Thanks!