Strange issue with intermittent low frame rate and high data usage

CavemanUK

Strange issue with intermittent low frame rate and high data usage

Post by CavemanUK »

Hey Guys,

I'm really hoping you can offer some suggestions to my very strange issue.

My Setup -

PC
Intel i5-6600
16GB DDR4 ram
256 NVMe boot drive (and holds blue iris db files)
256 SATA SSD Alerts and New folder
1TB 7200 IDE Storage
Windows 10 Home Edition (Recent fresh install)

Cams
4 x Wansview W4 1080p all wired to 1GB Lan

Blue Iris 5.5.1.20
All cameras configured as IP cams, Direct to Disk, 15fps, main stream only (using sub stream seems to make issue much worse). Set to Continuous + Alerts, Intel + VPP Decode.

The Problem
Basically, over time (around 12 hours) a random camera on my network will suddenly start getting the yellow triangle and awful frame rate (.5/sec).

If I go into the Wansview app and view regular working camera's the data rate shows as between 100-200KB/s but when the camera starts to show issues, the data rate can be seen fluctating from 600KB/s to 2000KB/s for no apparent reason. As I said, this can be a different camera on a given day so I don't believe I have a faulty camera.

While this is happening, If i shutdown Blue Iris the data rate drops to completely normal on all cameras. Relaunching BI causes the data to instantly increase on one camera to upto 2000KB/s. If I look at the stats in BI all cameras (including the one that isnt working) are showing a normal average of the same data rate (upto 200KB/s) but the affected camera is showing a very low frame rate.

If I look at Windows Task Manager while this is happening I can see recieve traffic of anything between 3MB/s and 8MB/s but as soon as BI is stopped I get 32KB/s so I'm sure all the traffic is camera/BI related.

Since having this problem I've tried the following but the problem still creeps back in over time...

- Multiple Rollbacks to different versions of BI
- Reinstall of BI with new Setup
- Completely rebuilt physical network with new cables and Ethernet switches
- Full factory reset all cameras

I suspect this is a compatibility issue between BI and Wansview W4 camera. Its a cheap camera that hardly has any configurability as its meant as a cloud camera. It does support rtsp and onvif though and I can get a good picture when its working. I don't have any other cameras to test the issue so I can't rule this out.

Any suggestions would be massively appreciated..

Thanks

Craig
Tommyt57

Re: Strange issue with intermittent low frame rate and high data usage

Post by Tommyt57 »

Downgrade Blue Iris to 5.4.9.18 and use the early 2021 Deepstack. I had issues with 5.5 dropping frames, high CPU and memory leaks. Going back to 5.4.9.18 fixes all thse issues. Blie Iris keeps telling my I'm the only one with this issue. I cut and pasted others posting the same issue and got no response.
CavemanUK

Post by CavemanUK »

Tommyt57 wrote:Downgrade Blue Iris to 5.4.9.18 and use the early 2021 Deepstack. I had issues with 5.5 dropping frames, high CPU and memory leaks. Going back to 5.4.9.18 fixes all thse issues. Blie Iris keeps telling my I'm the only one with this issue. I cut and pasted others posting the same issue and got no response.
Hi Tommy.

Thanks for the reply. As you suggested I tried 5.4.9.18 but my issue was still present. To be clear, my issue isn’t high CPU usage. It seems to be high network usage from the camera. When viewing the Wansview App on my phone I can see data on one camera as around 2000KB/s and when this is happening, the frame rate drops in BI. BI itself claims about 200KB/s (in line with the other cameras). But if I close BI, the camera returns to normal on the Wansview App.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CavemanUK

Post by CavemanUK »

Hi,

Just to show what I mean….

This is my current stats on BI

At the moment it’s the Cars camera that is playing up but it has also been the others at some point or another.

This is one of the cameras acting normally.

This is the Cars camera that’s showing low frame rate above. Note the KB/s.

And this is the same camera when I shut down BI.

Sometimes it can work for hours and sometimes it happens all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CavemanUK

Post by CavemanUK »

Just a quick update. After seeing a suggestion for a similar fault, I disabled intel + vpp and things seem to be more stable. I’ve even been able to add the substreams which is something that definitely wouldn’t work before. Has been running about an hour now but it’s looking very promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk