Our setup is a dedicated BI box on the network along with a NAS.
All the wired cameras and the NAS connect to a 16-port switch. The switch is connected directly to the router.
BI shuffles the videos up to the NAS every so often, and it's all working perfectly.
- First we installed the 2nd NIC and restarted the PC. Windows sees the new NIC in the Network & Sharing Center.
- Using the 2nd NIC's Properties tab, we created a new network sitting on 100.100.100.1.
--------- The default gateway is blank/empty.
- After saving the settings, the router sees it on the network sitting on 100.100.100.1. So far, so good.
- Next, we logged into one of the cameras and set its internal IP setting to 100.100.100.2, a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and no gateway. It immediately goes offline as we expected. (See below)
- Then we unplugged the Ethernet cable to the switch and plugged it into the new NIC. The connect LED lights up normally so it's making a connection.
- We then went into BI and changed the camera's video URL to 100.100.100.2 and crossed our fingers....
At this point we don't know what we're doing wrong....suggestions would be welcome at this point, lol.