Unable to use phone to record clip

Homer81

Unable to use phone to record clip

Post by Homer81 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Working a month or so ago but now on 3 different Android phones when I click the record button in the app, it changes to a read square but i'm then unabel to stop the recording. Nothing ever gets saved. The picture button does work and the image is saved to the camera role.

This was working not long ago.

ANy ideas? Android 10 and android 9 devices

Homer81

Re: Unable to use phone to record clip

Post by Homer81 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:23 am

Anyone? I just upgraded to teh latest BI 5.2.8.1 and restarted both phones. Still unable to record on the phone. This worked not too long ago

TimG

Re: Unable to use phone to record clip

Post by TimG » Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 am

Hi Homer81,

This is another function that I had never tried. OK, so using the BI5 android app on a Galaxy S10, I press the video record button in the BI app and it turns red. On the main pc i can see the red square appear on the chosen camera to show it is recording. When I again click the red button on my phone, it returns to normal, and BI5 on the main pc loses the red square. If I don't press the red button, it automatically turns off after 30 seconds.

That all sounds fine, but there is no new Alert for it. I can't find any mention of the camera having triggered. I have tried it on a cam recording 24/7, and on a cam recording only on motion detection.

If this works as it used to do (I can't find any up to date info), then this should cause BI5 to record on the server. If you are watching a recording on your phone, then the record button should cause the app to save a local copy of that video to your mobile device.

Anybody got this working ?
Blue Iris v5.2.8.3 | Win10 Pro x64 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | FX-8350 AMD Piledriver CPU, 32GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD| Homeseer HS3(4) Pro | TVMosaic | Emby | DVBViewer |