live view lag, recording is fine

ts55dlx

live view lag, recording is fine

Post by ts55dlx » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum and have been using BI for about 8 months now. I really like BI and the results from it. I built a new server when I switched from geovision to BI, it consists of I7 9700 k 32 gig ram nvme system drives and WD purple recording drives. I recently upgraded all of my cameras from geovision 2mp to montivue 8mp h265 network cameras. I am running the latest paid version of BI and the results are great, all cameras are running at 30 fps recording continuously without any frame drop. The first issue i had after updating cameras was BI would ramp up the cpu usage to 98% it was around 30% before upgrade. All cameras are using direct to disc recording. After playing with setting for some time I found the solution was to check the "limit decoding unless required" in each cameras video tab setting. Now cpu runs @ 15%. Ok here is my issue, since the upgrade my live view has a 10 to 15 second lag on all cameras with no lag on recording. I also noticed that if you click on just one camera at full screen live view has NO lag and when you switch back to multi view that one camera has no lag for a while. I have tried changing ever setting I can in BI and the camera firmware including "limit live view preview rate" both checked and unchecked. Its kind of annoying to have the lag on live view, just glad recording is perfect. Before I try a full reinstall any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

TimG

Re: live view lag, recording is fine

Post by TimG » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 am

Hi ts55dlx,

I would start by looking for an online bandwidth calculator to see if you are getting close to the limits of your network. Is there any reason you are using such a high fps ?

One of the reasons I went the two NIC way for BI5, was to keep the camera load off of the home network. My camera loading is low, but I just like to do things that way 8-)
Blue Iris v5.2.3.0 | Win10 Pro x64 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | FX-8350 AMD Piledriver CPU, 32GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD| Homeseer HS3(4) Pro | TVMosaic | Emby | DVBViewer |

LOOPYLOOP

Re: live view lag, recording is fine

Post by LOOPYLOOP » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 am

have you tried unchecking the 'limit decoding unless required' to see if the lag goes away?
was it laggy before you changed this?