Rotation Flag on Exported MP4

ccutrer

Rotation Flag on Exported MP4

Post by ccutrer »

I have a camera that doesn't support rotating in firmware, so in Blue Iris in the Camera Settings I have Rotate set to 270 degrees. I use direct-to-disc recording (the underlying stream is H.265). In Blue Iris' interface, the camera properly shows in portrait orientation. But when I export a clip (either via UI3 or the BI5 console), it's back to landscape, and lose the orientation. I can use exiftool to do `exiftool -rotation=270 exported.mp4` to fix it, and then it plays correctly in other software. It'd be nice if Blue Iris set the correct flag in the exported file automatically though.
aesterling

Re: Rotation Flag on Exported MP4

Post by aesterling »

Seems like a reasonable request. Have you emailed BI support to request it?
MikeLud

Re: Rotation Flag on Exported MP4

Post by MikeLud »

ccutrer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:32 pm I have a camera that doesn't support rotating in firmware, so in Blue Iris in the Camera Settings I have Rotate set to 270 degrees. I use direct-to-disc recording (the underlying stream is H.265). In Blue Iris' interface, the camera properly shows in portrait orientation. But when I export a clip (either via UI3 or the BI5 console), it's back to landscape, and lose the orientation. I can use exiftool to do `exiftool -rotation=270 exported.mp4` to fix it, and then it plays correctly in other software. It'd be nice if Blue Iris set the correct flag in the exported file automatically though.
When exporting try re-encoding this might work