Higher CPU usage after upgrade on 8/7 to full version

stiadmin

Higher CPU usage after upgrade on 8/7 to full version

Post by stiadmin »

Hello All,

I am running Blue Iris as a service on the following server:
Windows Server 2019 full desktop running as a virtual machine.
I'm using 12 cores of a dual processor total of 24 cores.
The physical server has 72GB of memory.
Virtual machine is set for dynamic memory and dynamic storage.

Load: (8) 4K Amcrest cameras at 15 frames per second.
Options: No snapshots, only record detected motion.

Those are the basic parameters of my installation.

Prior to yesterday's upgrade to the latest version, CPU was hovering around 65% of the 12 cores. I had increased the number of cores until I reached 60% CPU utilization.

After the upgrade, CPU is at 100%. Remote desktop sometimes fails, and yesterday I rebooted the machine after the upgrade because it was unresponsive.

The original installation was a demo version installed by the Domain Admin. The upgrade was installed by the local administrator, so that could be a factor.

I would be most grateful if anyone else out there is running on Hyper-V and could identify a possible misstep on my part. Right now Blue Iris is running at 99.5% CPU at 10+ GB of memory.

All the Best,

Phil
spammenotinoz

Re: Higher CPU usage after upgrade on 8/7 to full version

Post by spammenotinoz »

stiadmin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:16 pm Hello All,

I am running Blue Iris as a service on the following server:
Windows Server 2019 full desktop running as a virtual machine.
I'm using 12 cores of a dual processor total of 24 cores.
The physical server has 72GB of memory.
Virtual machine is set for dynamic memory and dynamic storage.

Load: (8) 4K Amcrest cameras at 15 frames per second.
Options: No snapshots, only record detected motion.

Those are the basic parameters of my installation.

Prior to yesterday's upgrade to the latest version, CPU was hovering around 65% of the 12 cores. I had increased the number of cores until I reached 60% CPU utilization.

After the upgrade, CPU is at 100%. Remote desktop sometimes fails, and yesterday I rebooted the machine after the upgrade because it was unresponsive.

The original installation was a demo version installed by the Domain Admin. The upgrade was installed by the local administrator, so that could be a factor.

I would be most grateful if anyone else out there is running on Hyper-V and could identify a possible misstep on my part. Right now Blue Iris is running at 99.5% CPU at 10+ GB of memory.

All the Best,

Phil
I had the exact same symptoms, but I didn't update BI!!
Suspecting a windows update. Within 10 mins of running BI on one of my machines, BI still runs but I can no longer remote desktop or login interactively!!