BI5, amcrest 4k, poor performance

rtgmct

BI5, amcrest 4k, poor performance

Post by rtgmct »

I have an dual process xeon x5 2650v2 with 80gb of RAM. I never exceed 10% ram usage or 35% CPU usage.

All of my 1440p and 1080p cameras are fine. These are from Sv3c.

I have several amcrest IP8M-2496EW cameras recording in 4k. They consistent fall behind by timestamp by 4-10 minutes. The cameras autoreset once a week so the maximum lag is contained. Having said that, what is the problem? I am not new to BI , I have optimized all known setttings

The BI admin preview windows shows things as they are. The UI3 interface has substantial lag. All cameras are hard wired with CAT6 over a full duplex network.

Why do 4k cameras underperform so badly? What can I do to remove the last (as measured by the timestamp in the UI3 vs console)? All firmware is current. There seriously needs to be a best practices guide or i might as well just pay amcrest for their functionality that works.
Thixotropic

Re: BI5, amcrest 4k, poor performance

Post by Thixotropic »

rtgmct wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:03 amThe cameras autoreset once a week so the maximum lag is contained.
I don't know what the underlying issue is, but an interim solution might be to have them reset nightly or every other day.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Matts1984

Re: BI5, amcrest 4k, poor performance

Post by Matts1984 »

I've seen something similar... and interestingly I have both SV3C and Amcrest cameras and only recall seeing the delay with the Amcrests (mine are not 4k though) and all are at the latest firmwares. That said, I can't say specifically what I did to resolve it. I would occasionally see - even in the BI console - that the timestamps on the camera feed for one or both of my Amcrests was behind. I'm not sure I ever saw upwards of 10 minutes but nonetheless it was behind.

I've disabled 'Limit Decoding Unless Required', use Direct to Disk, record continuous, and 'Limit Live Preview Rate' is set to 10fps which is coincidentally the same as the actual feeds, and Video During Remote Desktop is unrestricted. My total CPU and memory is quite low though prior to all my tuning and adusting it could get fairly high (40-80% ish). My gut says the lag was somehow due to a resources bottleneck and keeping everything smooth has helped. But I don't have anything definitive. Most importantly for this response - I'm no longer seeing the issue.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet