Uniview WiFi cameras acting weird

General discussion about Blue Iris
adlib

Uniview WiFi cameras acting weird

Post by adlib »

I’ve installed thousands if not tens of thousands cameras from various brands on BI and never had any need for support, but this time there’s a catch I can’t find a solution for. Rarely using WiFi cameras, but sometimes for some budget builds they’re useful. So the problem is with those two Uniview WiFi camera models IPC2122SR3-F40W-D and IPC2124LR3-F40W-D. Everything works, stream/network is stable with low latency and then suddenly resolution changes from 1080p to 720p or from 4mp to 1080p according to camera model and image gets cropped and stays there until you restart the stream. Network is stable and it happens in many different installations on different servers and only with those two cameras. Steam itself stays as it should - when viewing on vlc nothing changes there. Only solution I found so far is to enable watchdog and restart the stream in every 1h. Any suggestions?
TimG

Re: Uniview WiFi cameras acting weird

Post by TimG »

Hi adlib,

If it retains the resolution in VLC but has altered in BI5, then it does look like a BI5 compatibility issue. Have you sent an email to support ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.