Just started using BI... Several issues so far including video not streaming

General discussion about Blue Iris
Butterwrath

Just started using BI... Several issues so far including video not streaming

Post by Butterwrath »

I just built a new PC using i5 9600k with 16 gb of RAM on Windows 10 Pro. I just started out with 2 cameras, an Annke C800 Pro and a Hikvision bullet camera. I set up both these cameras using Hikvision's SADP tool and assigned IP addresses to both cameras, with ports 82 and 83 respectively. I was able to see the streams of both cameras fine using the web interface and set up the mainstream to output 4k at H265+ and substream for 480p at H365.

Now on the Blue Iris PC, I encountered 2 issues so far:
  1. Blue Iris isn't running on startup when the computer boots up, even after I added it to services.
  • Video will stream for a couple seconds and stop. The clock completely stops on both feeds. However, when I go to the web browser using the camera's IP on the same computer, I can log in watch the steam live with no issues. Disabling and enabling the camera again works for a few seconds, but will eventually stop streaming in the Blue Iris program. The stream through the web browsers is completely unaffected on any computer.
Any ideas on where I should start troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.
Thixotropic

Re: Just started using BI... Several issues so far including video not streaming

Post by Thixotropic »

Butterwrath wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:40 pm
  1. Blue Iris isn't running on startup when the computer boots up, even after I added it to services.
When you say you added it to services, do you mean that the "Run as a service" checkbox is ticked in the "Startup" options tab?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
varghesesa

Re: Just started using BI... Several issues so far including video not streaming

Post by varghesesa »

Just wondering... were you able to get the Annke cameras to work? Can you share the BI camera config dialog?