Evaluation water mark now showing despite registered account

sparkzter

Evaluation water mark now showing despite registered account

Post by sparkzter »

Hi all,

Blue iris has been working great for me the past year however upon installing the last update (5.2.7.11) my account 'deactivated'. i re-entered my registration key which it accepted, however still shows the eval watermark.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Sparkzter
aumoenoav

Re: Evaluation water mark now showing despite registered account

Post by aumoenoav »

Same here. Also the option to downgrade is disabled. If I enter the license, it accept the license, but watermark does not go away. When restarting BI the license is gone. Same version as main thread
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

A bit more info on this, i reverted back to earlier versions and the watermark is gone. In going through each update one by one, this issue occurs first in 5.2.7.10 and also occurs in 5.2.7.11. I'm now running 5.2.7.9 now and its working fine without the water mark.

To confirm, my support has lapsed however i have updated several times since without issue...should we be able to install updates without an active support subscription?
nadmax

Post by nadmax »

Same here.
TimG

Post by TimG »

i have updated to the same version today, so i had to check if the same thing happened here :shock:

No, all is well. You will need to send a message to support for this one. Please let us know the response.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
_Jennifer

Post by _Jennifer »

If your support and maintenance plan has lapsed, you would only be entitled to the last version that was released before your support and maintenance plan ended.
The "Maintenance" portion of the support and maintenance plan refers to upgrades as well as regular updates. It is just recently that this is being enforced though.

So as long as you're up-to-date with your support and maintenance plan, you will have access to all the updates within the version you purchased.
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

Gennarose_ wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:55 am It is just recently that this is being enforced though
That would explain it then...my subscription lapsed about a month ago however was still receiving updates...I assumed this would have stopped immediately when it lapsed however as it continued and have installed many updates since the assumption was it would continue. It wasn't particularly clear why when the 2.7.1.10 updated why it would revert to 'evaluation'. Perhaps it would make more sense if we were not prompted to download the update once lapsed or notified prior to updating that we will be reverted back to evaluation!

I expect many people will be experiencing the same thing in months to come at least now it's clear.
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

TimG wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:31 am i have updated to the same version today, so i had to check if the same thing happened here :shock:

No, all is well. You will need to send a message to support for this one. Please let us know the response.
Thanks for your reply @Tim (did you used to have the screen name Homer on the prior forum?..I was a member but when it was all lost and another new forum arrived I lost the will to rejoin!)

Glad yours is still working OK!
TimG

Post by TimG »

A couple of points:

1. When I posted above, it was the second post. Now it is much lower. Weird.
2. Afaik Gennarose_ is the moderator, so that info is from the source.
3. My support plan is up to date, so that fits well with the response.
4. Yes, formerly known as Homer. How did you guess ? :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

TimG wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:52 am A couple of points:

1. When I posted above, it was the second post. Now it is much lower. Weird.
2. Afaik Gennarose_ is the moderator, so that info is from the source.
3. My support plan is up to date, so that fits well with the response.
4. Yes, formerly known as Homer. How did you guess ? :D
a couple of points in reply...

1. i suspect like me the other posters need to have their posts approved by a moderator, yours probably appear right away as a veteran here...they will have posted prior to you, but approved after..thus the order looks weird to you.
2. understood and i dont doubt the information, it explains things fully
3. Again yes, that makes sense.
4. We spoke many times probably about a year ago on the last forum being a fellow UK member. I thought i recognised your avatar which i think was the same back then. As i mentioned when the old forum got deleted, i didn't bother signing up again, partly as i was annoyed many hours of past posts had been binned and as a result my time wasted and with all the spam that used to be posted (something i recall frustrated us both!) i thought id leave things to stabilise a while. My BI install has been rock solid the last year, so this was really the 1st reason to come back, more recently ive been playing with Home Assistant. I do have more plans tho, AI motion detection is on my to-do list, so ill be around a bit more now moving forward!