ALPR tied to zone motion detection?

XOIIO

ALPR tied to zone motion detection?

Post by XOIIO »

Hi all, so I saw the ALPR integration and it's very cool, but has a fault if you are using the free tier, and the problem is that blue iris sends one of the first fractions of a second of motion detection to the service, however the car is basically always only halfway in the frame when this happens resulting in a failed attempt, and using up one of your tries. If it had been a little bit later then it would have captured a plate for sure.

I was wondering if there's some way we can tie the ALPR requests to motion being detected in a specific zone, as I want my cameras to record all motion in the alley behind our place, but a very small zone that would trigger when a vehicle is going past, and is in the middle of the frame, would result in the ALPR service only being sent an image when a vehicle would likely be fully visible on the camera.

Is there a setting I'm just missing out, or perhaps is this something that needs to be added in?
InTheAir17

Re: ALPR tied to zone motion detection?

Post by InTheAir17 »

Hi,

I ended up cloning the camera so I could have two different setups. In my case I needed to trigger the ALPR camera at different times depending on direction of travel. I used zones... basically you set up two zones (A and B), one on each side of the image and leave a gap in the middle. Then setup a zone covering the whole image (C). When this is setup properly it will trigger when the vehicle crosses from one zone to the other (A>B or B>A depending on your setup) and the clip is almost centered. You will likely need to a small MAKE time and Pre-trigger video buffer time. See this link for instruction on setting up zones https://youtu.be/vrVmWMFbT7s.

I know the instructions are vague but the video should help.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 8GB RAM | i7-4770S 2.8 GHz | Hikvision 9x4MP | Hikvision Doorbell | Dahua 2MP LPR | 120GB Intel SSD OS and Apps| 6TB Storage