New to Forum - Question

General discussion about Blue Iris
switzerm

New to Forum - Question

Post by switzerm »

Hi, New to this forum, but not new to Blue Iris. Had an earlier version a few years ago, but was sick for awhile and got away from it. Have re-familiarized myself with version 5, and understand it fairly well, but I can't link to the cameras in my house. I can see them using other software and they are set up as static IPs on my network. I am hoping that the cameras I have are supported in BI. They are D-LINK cameras; DCS-5020L and two DCS-8000LH. Feel like I am just missing one step. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Tomek63

Re: New to Forum - Question

Post by Tomek63 »

Hello everyone. I am also new on the forum. I can't find anywhere what languages ​​the Blue iris app offers?
Please help.
Is only English language...
Tomek63

Post by Tomek63 »

no one really knows the answer?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hiya,

I don't know if I can help, but let's have a go:

Switzerm: Can you show us an image of your settings ? Have you been able to choose this camera in the menu ? Are there any variations in the menu ? Have you tried them all ? H264 is normally a good starting point.

Tomek63: Please start a new thread for a different issue. English only as far as I am aware though. What language are you hoping for ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Tomek63

Post by Tomek63 »

I'm interested in Polish. I now have a 14 days demo version. And I wonder if in the paid version you can choose the language of the menu in the settings. Because in the demo I can't find this option
Tomek63

Post by Tomek63 »

I didn't want to start a new topic just to ask.

Is the paid version of the application 5 you can choose the language in the settings ?

maybe someone knows
jondwalters

Post by jondwalters »

Tomek63 - You're hijacking this thread. Please start your own if you have any question other than that topic of the original poster. It is considered rude to hijack a thread.

English is the only language that I know of but feel free to contact sales@blueirissoftware.com with any questions about additional languages.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

The paid version will be no different from the demo version in language support.
homelyn

Post by homelyn »

Hi guys

Long term user of BI software, still using an older version.

I have similar problem in that I cannot see my DCS-8000L camera, i know its ip address, userID and password as i can see it on an iPad, windows laptop etc, using DLink software so the camera is working.

I cannot see it if i put in the IP address in Internet explorer or Safari (OS X).

There is a model number for the camera in the configuration section of the video set up, But it just doesn't want to connect.

I suspect its something to do with the connection, in that there is no Ethernet socket on the camera, just a usb type plug which supplies power.

Did you ever get your DSC-8000L working with BI? if so how?

Any ideas would be most welcome

Thanks

eric
Batman52

Post by Batman52 »

It's been a while since you posted, but in case you don't have an answer, there are several things you can try. I have found that sometimes cameras that are not ONVIF compatible, or are older cameras can be setup by first finding the camera IP address and putting it into the search portion of the video setup.

Before doing that, try adding new camera, then select the MAKE box and your DCS camera is in the selector list. (I looked on my system) Try to search for the camera. If it isn't found, then find the cameras IP address and putting it into the IP address box. Use a blank ID and password and search.

To find the IP address, use a command prompt and use arp -a. That will give a list of MAC addresses with their associated IP addresses. The camera MAC address should be on the camera. Just find it in the list and find its IP address. Use that in the Blue Iris 5 search box.

Sometimes the arp -a command does not find the camera. You may have to log onto your router and look it up there. Then use the IP address in BL5.

If neither of those work, then the IP address may not be on the same sub net as your computer. It can be quite a bear to find it if that is the case. I have used Wire Shark to capture packets from the camera when it boots. That will give you the cameras IP address, but you'll have to change it to get it on your network. If you are not experienced at messing with this, it would be easier to do a hard reset back to factory and hope it defaults to DHCP and then try all of the above again. If that gets you nowhere, I would get another camera and toss that one. It's probably too old anyway.

It is a challenge. Hope I've helped.

Charlie