Disabling/Pausing camera

JayUK

Disabling/Pausing camera

Post by JayUK »

Hi all,

I have BI5 installed with a few cameras. These are configured to record 24x7.

BI is linked to my home automation system which allows me to disable/enable cameras and view the live video via webstreams on a tablet.

At present I am simply enabling and disabling the cameras, is this the best way of disabling/enabling the recording? I believe there is a "pause" option?

The real reason for this post is that when I disable the camera it simply stops the video webstream, this occasionally leaves the last video frame displayed on the tablet and it appears the video is still transmitting. Is there a way for the video webstream to display a black screen with the message/word "Disabled" or "Paused" instead of not streaming?

Thanks,

J.
RickJamesBish

Re: Disabling/Pausing camera

Post by RickJamesBish »

I know this is a very old post and you likely figured it out already, but for those who my find this post in a search, as I did, if you go to the top where the profile drop down meny is and choose "0 Inactive" it will only display the feed and stop all recording and motion detection.
Pogo

Re: Disabling/Pausing camera

Post by Pogo »

'0' can also be used as an 'on/off' condition in the camera schedule without the need create a separate profile..., unless this is what you meant.

DrivewaySchedule.jpg
DrivewaySchedule.jpg (106.27 KiB) Viewed 471 times