BI5 and ReoLink 5mp Audio not Recording

DBHowe

BI5 and ReoLink 5mp Audio not Recording

Post by DBHowe »

I've searched the Forum. If this topic has been asked and answered, I apologize. Please direct me to the thread.

If not, I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have brand new ReoLink POE cameras running through a POE Switch into a Win 10 machine. The cameras are H.264 compliant and I'm recording straight to disk with an Intel Processor that supports Quick Sync Video. Everything works great, except that I can not record audio.

When in live mode, I can hear the camera through the system, but it appears it's not recording an audio track.

I followed the ReoLink instructions for installing a new camera. And configured them using their Web-based offering. I also have experimented with various BI5 settings, but I just can't noodle through it.

I'm a newbie to Blue Iris so I'm probably making a typical newbie mistake.

I would appreciate any help you may have.

Thanks.

Dave
DBHowe

Re: BI5 and ReoLink 5mp Audio not Recording

Post by DBHowe »

I got it figured out. I reloaded BI and then reinstalled each camera. I'm not sure that this is what fixed my issue. I also read that playback speed on the recording must be at 1X to also play the audio. I may not have been clicking on the "Play triangle" properly. Anyway, the audio works awesome.