User Account Cleanup

General discussion about Blue Iris
alexdev50

User Account Cleanup

Post by alexdev50 »

Hello,

I am finally cleaning up some of our user accounts in the blue iris software and I noticed there is one called local_console that is an admin type. I did not originally set up this box but I want to know if the local console account is required to keep the software running or if it is safe to disable/delete.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
reddawg

Re: User Account Cleanup

Post by reddawg »

alexdev50 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:29 pm
I am finally cleaning up some of our user accounts in the blue iris software and I noticed there is one called local_console that is an admin type. I did not originally set up this box but I want to know if the local console account is required to keep the software running or if it is safe to disable/delete.
From the Blue Iris Help Guide page 125: The local_console user is created automatically and is used only locally when you open the software. There are ways to login locally using another account in order to limit access, discussed in the Administration chapter.

From page 136: The user local_console is automatically created whenever you connect via the console (the PC running Blue Iris). It is not possible to use this account remotely so that it cannot pose a security threat.

The local_console user account should not be disabled or deleted, it is used by the Blue Iris console.
Last edited by reddawg on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.