audio alerts

travisk

audio alerts

Post by travisk »

I'm about ready to pull my hair out.
ive set up audio alerts on my cams when triggered. i hit the test button in the configure sound alert window. and it works...
i hit ok then im at the alert action set window and hit the trigger test button, and it works.....

when the cameras are tiggered there is no audiable alert. any ideas?
MikeBwca

Re: audio alerts

Post by MikeBwca »

Where are you sending the audio alerts? To the Desktop?

Make sure the 'Enable' box is checked at the top of the 'Action Set' window. It will still test okay when disabled.
travisk

Post by travisk »

these are the settings, when i hit test or the trigger at these locations it plays the .wav file. does not play wav file when camera is triggered tho.
Attachments
settings-min.jpg
settings-min.jpg (160.45 KiB) Viewed 9708 times
speaker.jpg
speaker.jpg (51.31 KiB) Viewed 9708 times
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

Have you tried selecting the output device?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (73.45 KiB) Viewed 9639 times
Raccoontodd

Post by Raccoontodd »

I encountered the same problem yesterday. I had set it up a month ago and it worked fine till then. I had NOT touched anything in BI5 and it just stopped working. I tore my hair out for an hour trying to get it to work to no avail. I ended up uninstalling BI5 completely, then reinstalling and it worked again. I know my way around BI5 so it wasnt any user error and since it had been working fine for a month I have no idea why it stopped working other then a fresh install to get it back again. Im using windows 10. I did fire up an older version 4 that is still installed on the same computer and it worked in 4 but not 5.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

My cameras Output Device is also (Not specified), and it works!
I have no idea.
Raccoontodd

Post by Raccoontodd »

I got up this morning after the reinstall yesterday of BI5 that got sound alerts working again. No sounds again this morning on BI alerts. I hit the manual "check for updates" even though I have it set to auto updates, and it showed one so I let it install and sounds then came back. Was there a bug fix rollout in the last 24hrs that may have fixed it for me and the original poster?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I always wonder on issues like these were the poster does not update.

Thanks for the update.
WaarrEagle

Post by WaarrEagle »

I have been fighting this same issue ever since the update to BI 5. I FINALLY figured it out tonight. In my situation, the "Test" button would result in a sound but the lightning button would not. I finally discovered that BI has a volume setting on the top right of the main screen. Mine was muted and thus not allowing the sound to be played. Turned it off mute and everything works!
Volume.JPG
Volume.JPG (12.53 KiB) Viewed 9098 times