Main cameras layout problem

w1zofaz

Main cameras layout problem

Post by w1zofaz »

Hi Everybody.
I am running BI 4.8.4.3 x64

I have been using BI for a very long time with zero problems. Love the software. I am running just 5 cameras in the 2-up, 1:1 layout. I had been having my front yard view and my front porch view in the 2-up position making them the largest view with the other three in smaller views across the bottom. Worked very nicely for me.
HOWEVER
I had to upgrade the pc that BI is running on from win7 pro to win10 pro. When it came back from the shop and I fired it up and BI up much to my surprise I had to re register with my product code again. I did that and fired BI up. Now we have a problem. Yes, BI is still working, has all cameras, and records, nothing was lost. Except I can no longer make BI present the layout that I have had for years. This is insane and I am about ready to pull my hair out in frustration! No matter how I drag and drop BI refuses to let the front yard view and front porch view be the biggest pictures! It is acting just like those old sliding puzzles that I have always hated! I have been trying for two days now. Please someone tell me that there is an easy fix for this craziness. I want my layout the way it was. Please.
MikeBwca

Re: Main cameras layout problem

Post by MikeBwca »

Make sure 'Drag Lock' is disabled. Right click on the BI interface and check that it is not checked.

Are you using groups? What appears in the group selector?

A screen shot of the BI window and Options/Startup may help.
w1zofaz

Post by w1zofaz »

I am so sorry that it has taken this long to get back. I forgot to subscribe to my own thread and like a dummy have been waiting for email to notify me. **sigh**

Drag lock is not ticked.

Yes, I have groups but have it set to ALL cameras in the drop down.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Please provide a screen shot of your BI window.

When you lift-click-HOLD over a camera, does the boarder turn white?

As you drag that camera.....
- Do you see a dimmer/ghost image of the camera your moving?
- When the mouse reached another camera, does the other cameras boarder turn white?

What happens exactly when you release the mouse?

It might be better to record the BI window as you do this, then post it.