Upgrading from older versions without extended support

YrbkMgr

Upgrading from older versions without extended support

Post by YrbkMgr »

I have purchased full versions of BI 3 and 4, but I'd like to know if there is some kind of discount for upgrading to the next version, or if I have to pay full price for every version. If there IS a mechanism to upgrade the current version at a reduced cost, what does one have to do?

Secondly, since I did in fact purchase two separate versions, don't they each carry their own license? In other words, can I install my old BI 3 on one machine and BI 4 on another? I'm not saying I would, but knowing if I can would be good to know.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
TimG

Re: Upgrading from older versions without extended support

Post by TimG »

It does sound like you presently have separate licences that can be used at the same time.

The discounted upgrade path from BI4 to BI5 has been to purchase the extended support plan - see https://blueirissoftware.com/#support

If you do use this, then your BI4 licence will be converted to a BI5 licence - i.e. you can't use the BI4 and Bi5 licence together. I believe this will only work for one BI4 installation, so if you have more, I would start by sending an email to support to ask what bulk discount options you have.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

TimG wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:36 am It does sound like you presently have separate licences that can be used at the same time.

The discounted upgrade path from BI4 to BI5 has been to purchase the extended support plan - see https://blueirissoftware.com/#support

If you do use this, then your BI4 licence will be converted to a BI5 licence - i.e. you can't use the BI4 and Bi5 licence together. I believe this will only work for one BI4 installation, so if you have more, I would start by sending an email to support to ask what bulk discount options you have.
Right. So if I buy full price versions, each will carry its own license. If I'm mistaken, please let me know. I appreciate the help.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

That's how I understand it, yes. Do send an email to support for confirmation though.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.