Break time ignored when AI is enabled

MikeBwca

Re: Break time ignored when AI is enabled

Post by MikeBwca »

TheRabbit wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:03 am Have the same issue and contacted BI support. They tell me it is because the alert page has "New and all retrigger" selected. So I changed it but still had the same problem. Then on AI page I also unchecked "New alert/analysis on retrigger after cancelation". Now it seems the alert lengths are in sync with the break and max time. Although now I have the issue of the issue of something triggering an alert, like headlights, but not showing up until several seconds later. I am currently playing around with increasing the post trigger images to help. I had hoped that using the retrigger options would work with this problem. Having the post trigger images higher taxes my CPU and GPU at times. Still playing around with it.

My old configuration used to work until I updated.
This is almost exactly what I'm experiencing.
bqz

Post by bqz »

Hi!

What are your values in AI page?
ai.png
ai.png (20.48 KiB) Viewed 306 times
TheRabbit

Post by TheRabbit »

Got this today:

Blue Iris Support
10:59 AM (2 hours ago)
to me

Hello

Version 5.9.0.1 today will be sure to more fully extend AI processing through the duration of the trigger.

Thanks

Ken

I responded with this question:
So with this new version do I keep the post-trigger images set high? More information would be helpful about this setting and its relationship to the length of the alert.

Current settings: (I have not yet verified these work with the version 5.9.0.1 from today)
1.jpg
1.jpg (249.08 KiB) Viewed 276 times
ai.JPG
ai.JPG (207.68 KiB) Viewed 276 times
Attachments
n2.JPG
n2.JPG (153.86 KiB) Viewed 276 times
TheRabbit

Post by TheRabbit »

After going back and forth with BI support, mine is like the following, but not sure if it is solid yet. Still have questions about how long alerts are and what to allow for in post-trigger images
and will I get notified immediately when someone/vehicle enters my property.
I am waiting for answers to my questions.
x1.JPG
x1.JPG (213.95 KiB) Viewed 261 times
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

In my ongoing issue about this with BI Support, they put out version 5.9.0.1 to help resolve the issue(s),

I'm also still testing this. Nighttime testing is more difficult. I'll know by the end of the day tomorrow.
TheRabbit

Post by TheRabbit »

Now it seems to be working but sometimes I don't get an alert until 4 or 5 seconds later than I think I should.
Also a lot of the alerts are about a minute long (Break time 5/15 secs) -- so do I need to crank up the post-images to cover over a minute???
y4.jpg
y4.jpg (194.45 KiB) Viewed 220 times
TheRabbit

Post by TheRabbit »

Blue Iris Support
12:28 PM (6 hours ago)
to me

Hello

The alert duration will extend until the trigger ends. If it's 66 seconds, that means that motion continued and the alert was extended. This could be long after the alert was already confirmed or canceled.

Trigger
AI determination
confirm/cancel
Trigger/Alert may extend if additional triggers occur

The option to "analyze again after cancelation" comes into play only when the AI cancels the alert. Then, any trigger will produce a new alert, new AI analysis etc. This might be helpful if the AI cancels the alert at 5 seconds but the motion continues for those 66 seconds. Without this, the AI is not "re-armed" until the trigger ends.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

This sounds almost exactly my issue and communication with BI.

Apparently the Break Time 'End Trigger' NO LONGER WORKS when AI is enabled!
Yes, this used to end the AI analysis, but no more.

The following info from BI support is what I understand. It could be that I'm misunderstanding. I'm so confused my all these changes. Why would they disable Break Time Max-Trigger when AI is enabled, AND, stop AI Object analysis on object confirmation! Well, both were fixed in 5.9.0.1. (Squeaky wheel)

BI put out version 5.9.0.1 with the following...
- re-enabling the 'To Cancel' (I specify 'xyz') which keeps AI analysis going until the end of the # Images and Time.
- AI had been changed to stop AI processing when an object had been confirmed. This was removed to keep AI processing objects by specifying anything in 'To Cancel' that cannot be found as an object.

This is what I did...
On one camera I have a 'Max Trigger' of 15 seconds.
- Analyze one each: 250ms.
- Pre-Trigger Images 1.
- Post-Trigger Images 61. 15 seconds * 250ms = 60 images, plus 1 for pre-trigger image.
- Max-trigger of 15 seconds. Probably a good idea to match this with the AI settings.

Seems to work okay. Some alerts are spot on, some are 2-4 seconds longer! Why? I have no idea.

I need to do further testing for Max-Trigger...
- What of Max-Trigger is greater than AI settings?
- What of Max-Trigger is less than AI settings?

Note:
Have you noticed in the Timeline, when you click in it, it does not center?
If you click on the left/ight edge, it will scroll.
If you CTL+Click in the Timeline it will Scroll AND re-center. That was me! Squeaky wheel again!
bqz

Post by bqz »

Do you get different results in alert times when using "hot objects"?
MikeBwca wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 pm This sounds almost exactly my issue and communication with BI.

Apparently the Break Time 'End Trigger' NO LONGER WORKS when AI is enabled!
Yes, this used to end the AI analysis, but no more.

The following info from BI support is what I understand. It could be that I'm misunderstanding. I'm so confused my all these changes. Why would they disable Break Time Max-Trigger when AI is enabled, AND, stop AI Object analysis on object confirmation! Well, both were fixed in 5.9.0.1. (Squeaky wheel)

BI put out version 5.9.0.1 with the following...
- re-enabling the 'To Cancel' (I specify 'xyz') which keeps AI analysis going until the end of the # Images and Time.
- AI had been changed to stop AI processing when an object had been confirmed. This was removed to keep AI processing objects by specifying anything in 'To Cancel' that cannot be found as an object.

This is what I did...
On one camera I have a 'Max Trigger' of 15 seconds.
- Analyze one each: 250ms.
- Pre-Trigger Images 1.
- Post-Trigger Images 61. 15 seconds * 250ms = 60 images, plus 1 for pre-trigger image.
- Max-trigger of 15 seconds. Probably a good idea to match this with the AI settings.

Seems to work okay. Some alerts are spot on, some are 2-4 seconds longer! Why? I have no idea.

I need to do further testing for Max-Trigger...
- What of Max-Trigger is greater than AI settings?
- What of Max-Trigger is less than AI settings?

Note:
Have you noticed in the Timeline, when you click in it, it does not center?
If you click on the left/ight edge, it will scroll.
If you CTL+Click in the Timeline it will Scroll AND re-center. That was me! Squeaky wheel again!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

What's a Hot Object?