Video Clips Not Connected to Alerts Database

MrMark

Video Clips Not Connected to Alerts Database

Post by MrMark »

I moved the .BVR files for one camera to a new drive, and now, clicking an alert renders only a still image. I tried Database Repair/Regenerate, but it didn't help. Here's the backstory:

I got hit by check fraud. I very much wanted to see exactly how and when the check went out. In particular, I wanted to know if someone had stolen the envelope right out of my outgoing mail bin. I have a camera that covers the bin location, but irritatingly, the event was a few days older than my video retention. I came up with the idea of giving that camera its own drive, in order to get longer retention. Simple concept, since I already had a spare drive in the Blue Iris machine. I configured Aux 2 to reference a folder on that drive, and that went fine except that BI did not immediately start recording to the new drive. Once I got past that, it became clear that BI wasn’t going to do anything with the existing BVR files, so I manually moved them to the new drive (using Windows Explorer). That took a long time, but no problems as such.

I then did a Database Repair/Regenerate, but as with every time that I have ever done that, it did not fix the database. At this point, the calendar in Blue Iris shows red dots going back to February 8 (which is longer than my video retention should rightly be), but it seems that none of the ones before today are anything more than still images. So how does one tell Blue Iris to find and use the (365) .BVR files that are now on the new drive?

It seems like Blue Iris should provide an easy way to re-associate video clips with their alerts, and also a way to recreate alerts from .BVR files, but I can't find it. What am I missing?
BruceH

Re: Video Clips Not Connected to Alerts Database

Post by BruceH »

Did you make any changes to the camera name, that will mess things up for sure.

I did something similar a few years back and got it to work, but I currently don't have access to my BI system as I am away from the machine, to try and figure out the exact steps that I did.
MrMark

Re: Video Clips Not Connected to Alerts Database

Post by MrMark »

Thanks for the reply. No, I didn't change the name, although I am aware of how problematic that can be. In a way, it's the same problem...there has to be a way to update the database.