Blue Iris Rulez !

General discussion about Blue Iris
TimG

Re: Blue Iris Rulez !

Post by TimG »

Very amusing. Just one point though. Why have you copied one of my posts and passed it on as one of your own ?
Answers on a new £20 note please.
Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

TimG wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:49 am Very amusing. Just one point though. Why have you copied one of my posts and passed it on as one of your own ?
Answers on a new £20 note please.
Tim
Me thinks he doesn't know how to use the 'quote' option?
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Kuntujin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:16 pmOur Ring doorbell was completely removed from the wall last night and guess what ? There is no video recording of it happening!
I have mine on a tamper switch, hooked to a thingy that has the words "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY" printed on it.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Post by TimG »

I thought the original version of this post was lost in the fabled BI forum crash of 2019 :o

But no. Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=178&p=209&hilit=rulez#p209

It turned out that there was a gang going around removing these doorbells, and electric gate control devices. Good 'ere 'init !

After that, I decided not to spend £160 on a doorbell, when people were looking for them to steal. For my next house (Coming soon I hope), I will have an analogue camera in the door "spy hole" plugged in to the Picolo Pro card. A normal doorbell will not attract bad attention 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.