CodeProject AI stoped working after upgrade

sprybry

CodeProject AI stoped working after upgrade

Post by sprybry »

I Upgraded CodeProject AI from 1.5 to 2.3.2 and now ai is not working anymore. When I look in my system log, I see that I am getting errors "AI: Alert canceled [AI: error 404] 36ms. I guess I don't even know where to start. Can someone tell me what the steps would be to troubleshoot this? I remember installing this a year ago, and it all just magically worked for me.
sprybry

Re: CodeProject AI stoped working after upgrade

Post by sprybry »

I am using the most stable version of BlueIris BI 5.7.9.12
Rickity

Post by Rickity »

First uninstall codeproject using the uninstaller or run the exe and select remove or uninstall if you get it, then just to check go to C:\Program Files\ make sure there is no Codeproject folder there if there is delete it if not fine. Reboot machine and install again. There's a nice how-to here to follow, suggest you read it first. Another way is to remove it as above and then in Blue Iris go to Check for news and updates click install codeproject from there.
Phrede

Post by Phrede »

I came here searching for info on a similar issue.

AI is randomly stopping on my system. I don't know it until I see a missed trigger and notification. The AI log appears to be getting requests. Camera AI setup is missing on all cameras. I've tried numerous BI versions.

Anyone have ideas?
cp_sean

Post by cp_sean »

Could you please share your System Info tab from the CodeProject.AI Server dashboard? Also, any logs that demonstrate what's happening when the service stops?

Curious to know what happens if you uncheck auto start / stop with start with Blue Iris from the AI tab in the Blue Iris Settings.
sprybry

Post by sprybry »

Rickity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:21 pm First uninstall codeproject using the uninstaller or run the exe and select remove or uninstall if you get it, then just to check go to C:\Program Files\ make sure there is no Codeproject folder there if there is delete it if not fine. Reboot machine and install again. There's a nice how-to here to follow, suggest you read it first. Another way is to remove it as above and then in Blue Iris go to Check for news and updates click install codeproject from there.
Awesome, thank you for the advice. I could not find the how-to document, but followed your general instructions and it did work for me. I think one of my problems is, after it did not work after upgrading the first time I did not wait too long before try to re-install 1.5 and I did not uninstall anything or delete the program files/codeproject directory. This time I waited quite a bit of time after I installed it before testing as I noticed by watching the "server logs" it was still installing modules at least 15 minutes after I completed the installation. Specifically it loaded the object detection modules for yolov5. So maybe I did not wait long enough after my initial upgrade. Thanks again.
Phrede

Post by Phrede »

cp_sean wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:56 pm Could you please share your System Info tab from the CodeProject.AI Server dashboard? Also, any logs that demonstrate what's happening when the service stops?

Curious to know what happens if you uncheck auto start / stop with start with Blue Iris from the AI tab in the Blue Iris Settings.
Not sure if you were talking to me. I tried many different things without success, and finally did a complete uninstall and directory and registry clear. Installed BI 5.7.9.12 and AI 2.3.2 then restored a backup and the AI fields came back. I've not been able to test if the AI is working yet or if it will "stick" this time. We'll see.

The AI log is rolling along with many rec'd requests including face and license plate, just as it was when BI had zero indication of AI. I'm not understanding why I'm seeing so much activity since I'm set for after trigger only, no stationary object checks, no face or license plate checking. Just 1 module, Yolo5 6.2 installed. But I'm under 10% on both GPU and CPU load, so it's a secondary concern at the moment.

I doubt it's hardware related, but you asked...

Server version: 2.3.2-Beta
System: Windows
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045)
CPUs: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KS (Intel)
1 CPU x 16 cores. 24 logical processors (x64)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (8 GiB) (NVIDIA)
Driver: 537.58 CUDA: 12.2 (max supported: 12.2) Compute: 8.6
System RAM: 64 GiB
Target: Windows
BuildConfig: Release
Execution Env: Native
Runtime Env: Production
.NET framework: .NET 7.0.12
Video adapter info:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti:
Driver Version 31.0.15.3758
Video Processor NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
System GPU info:
GPU 3D Usage 0%
GPU RAM Usage 1.4 GiB
Global Environment variables:
CPAI_APPROOTPATH = <root>
CPAI_PORT = 32168

It's running on a 4TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe and the other memory is DDR5.

I recently upgraded to this machine after my last camera adds were too much for my last machine.