ios app plays video at 15fps

surgefix

ios app plays video at 15fps

Post by surgefix »

I believe/think that my iOS app streams recordings from bi server only at 15fps max , when i am recording from from the app and saving it to my phone its shows that video is 15fps sometimes 13fps but never more than 15 fps .

non of my cameras set to 15 fps , so that's not the issue, its shows correct fps on the computer when playing clips with
vlc player .

i did make sure that on the webcast settings my fps is above 15fps, its set on 25 fps.

any idea why is that happening ?

found some old video I saved on my phone 2 years ago ffrom bi ios app and it was saved with correct fps of 20 , now its saving it 14.94 fps .
YrbkMgr

Re: ios app plays video at 15fps

Post by YrbkMgr »

BI console->Camera settings->Video tab. What does the Max frame rate say? Also post a screenshot of the Cameras tab of the Status Log window.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
surgefix

Post by surgefix »

YrbkMgr wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:14 pm BI console->Camera settings->Video tab. What does the Max frame rate say? Also post a screenshot of the Cameras tab of the Status Log window.
1_1.png
1_1.png (24.48 KiB) Viewed 3888 times
2_2.jpg
2_2.jpg (132.4 KiB) Viewed 3888 times
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

YrbkMgr wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:14 pm BI console->Camera settings->Video tab. What does the Max frame rate say? Also post a screenshot of the Cameras tab of the Status Log window.
I thought this was a relatively useless setting and only applied when BI was reencoding the recorded streams (ie not d2d).
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

This?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

The Camera Status window you posted is reporting that some cameras are not correctly configured. It's choking throughput limiting FPS on some clients. Every IP camera connected to Blue Iris should look like this
Blue Iris Status Window Cameras Tab Correct 5.jpg
Blue Iris Status Window Cameras Tab Correct 5.jpg (68.66 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
If it doesn't, follow the steps below:
1. Camera UI
a. MAKE SURE Sub Stream Is Enabled
b. Use recommended settings highlighted in Camera settings image
c. Save, Reboot, and log out of camera
2. Configure Blue Iris Network IP Camera
a. Open Network IP camera configuration dialog
b. Manually enter/re-enter !P address, UN, and PW for the camera
c. Click Find/inspect button
d. Select corresponding profile for Main and Sub
After camera restarts verify via Status window-> Cameras tab
surgefix

Post by surgefix »

YrbkMgr wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:38 am The Camera Status window you posted is reporting that some cameras are not correctly configured. It's choking throughput limiting FPS on some clients. Every IP camera connected to Blue Iris should look like this
Blue Iris Status Window Cameras Tab Correct 5.jpg
If it doesn't, follow the steps below:
1. Camera UI
a. MAKE SURE Sub Stream Is Enabled
b. Use recommended settings highlighted in Camera settings image
c. Save, Reboot, and log out of camera
2. Configure Blue Iris Network IP Camera
a. Open Network IP camera configuration dialog
b. Manually enter/re-enter !P address, UN, and PW for the camera
c. Click Find/inspect button
d. Select corresponding profile for Main and Sub
After camera restarts verify via Status window-> Cameras tab
Not all cameras let me match the fps and I frame they just don’t have the option .
Not all camera’s allow me to use sub streams.
I really don’t think its the issue, but I just tried what you suggested, i disabled all those cameras that cannot be configured correctly .
and just left the ones that are properly enabled matching fps and i frames
The results are the same .
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (21.15 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
3_3.jpg
3_3.jpg (119.37 KiB) Viewed 3859 times

**important note : I decide to try downloading a clip from ui3 from my phone browser , it did download it and it did download the clip with correct fps , but i did have to mark re-encode video to h 264 to make it playable on my iPhone
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Did you try the setting I suggested?
surgefix

Post by surgefix »

HeneryH wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:08 pm Did you try the setting I suggested?
yes I checked it , its turned off .
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Let's check for understanding, if you don't mind. You are reporting that the iOS app plays video at 15fps. What exactly does that mean? The live view of the camera stream is coming in at 15fps, or video playback of a recorded clip is at 15fps?

In either case, why is 15fps an issue for you? I mean to ask, what problem does that create for you? The difference between 15 fps and 20 fps is not noticeable to the human eye. Check out these YT videos on the matter IP Video Frame Rate Demo and DVR Frames Per Second FPS Compared Video

So I guess I'm wondering... is there a problem?

Please know that I mean no disrespect - it just occurs to me that I'm not sure what the problem is.

Oh, and exported video always has to be re-encoded - h.264 is the standard. Exported video profile determine encoding and frame rate limits among other things. So the UI3 export sounds normal.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.