Alert actions are triggered in the wrong area

JCAK

Alert actions are triggered in the wrong area

Post by JCAK »

I have two zones defined: A and B

I want to record the alert events for both zones, but I only want to trigger an alert action when the event occurs in zone B.
I'm doing something wrong or something doesn't work right, because when I trigger a test pretending to be zone B everything works fine, but when BI does it itself, it also triggers actions if the event occurs in zone A. I've tried various configuration changes and can't figure it out.
Can someone help me with this please, what am I doing wrong?
Attachments
AI settings.png
AI settings.png (32.3 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (81.92 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
YrbkMgr

Re: Alert actions are triggered in the wrong area

Post by YrbkMgr »

The first thing that stands out is your AI configuration. You can't perform in a concert until all the instruments are tuned - same thing here. Ask me how I know... I did the same thing as you, pulling my hear out and cursing... It's not plug n play because it's not a closed proprietary system tweaked for a specific use. It takes a fair amount of study to figure it out, and it's not well documented - mostly tribal knowledge unless you talk to BI proper.

Deepstack plays a critical role in what you're trying to do because it's going determine what is eligible for alert actions (e.g., sms) - confirmed alerts qualify. Here's what I recommend: first, don't be in a rush, it doesn't take long to get it "close enough".

AI Dialog recommendations: in the Confirm box remove everything but "person". The image below is a reasonable starting point, but the red arrow is a must. Without DeepStack analysis details enabled - solving the problem will be like trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. You need that analysis to see what's going on. All zones should be evaluated by AI - enable all of them. Main stream is better quality but if you start lagging, uncheck it.
BI Deepstack AI Dialog 3.jpg
BI Deepstack AI Dialog 3.jpg (85.84 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Then you need a pre-trigger buffer of at least 5 seconds on the record tab - one of my cameras is 10 seconds before the trigger and 10 seconds after. You get what happened before the trigger and AI has more data to analyze from the buffer. After you have the "traffic cop" (AI) tuned to identify a person to your liking, THEN worry about zone crossings. If you're using AI that means no actions can be taken without it's confirmation - so tuning it is important. My ex-wife used to drive the car with oil light on and thought nothing of it, so, that.

In order to tune AI, you need that DAT file. That part requires a bit of study, but there's documentation and help here when you get to that point. Run it a couple of days like that, and get some data. Search the self help articles for "deepstack" and you're off...

If there's something you don't understand or need help, the good folks here will lend a hand.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
JCAK

Post by JCAK »

I don't have a problems with object detection, I have problems with the actions filter.
I send you a image with my zones and there are no confusion, A and B are clearly separated.
When I execute "On alert > Test" and select zone A or B all works fine, the action correct is executed. When BI do the job programatically and send the information to the Alert sección, the action skip the condition of the filter where I only have checked B and is excecuted even though the zone that triggered the action is A.
Attachments
Zones.jpg
Zones.jpg (113.24 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

JCAK wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm I don't have a problems with object detection, I have problems with the actions filter.
Cool... cool... hey man, do what you want.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
JCAK

Post by JCAK »

YrbkMgr wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:22 am
JCAK wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm I don't have a problems with object detection, I have problems with the actions filter.
Cool... cool... hey man, do what you want.
Your answer reminds me when I talked to Dahua technical support. He argued with me that the equipment did not have a firmware problem, that the problem would be me or my equipment and that I should take the NVR to the laboratory for review. I couldn't use that feature for many months, until they released a firmware update and that fixed the issue. I'm used to answers like yours. Thanks.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Your answer reminds me when I talked to Dahua technical support. He argued with me that the equipment did not have a firmware problem, that the problem would be me or my equipment and that I should take the NVR to the laboratory for review. I couldn't use that feature for many months, until they released a firmware update and that fixed the issue. I'm used to answers like yours. Thanks.
Respectfully, you're not being quite fair (or honest) - Let's take a moment to review... So after a month and 30 posts in a thread it turns out that we were misled into thinking that you were evaluating alert images when you were using Analyze with Deepstack.
Forum Replies 2.jpg
Forum Replies 2.jpg (34 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
I look past that and re-explain the tool you should be using and how to use it with links to references and multiple explanations, and I even show an example of why T&T isn't the correct tool for evaluation in your circumstance. I don't mind saying, I put a lot of work into helping you and explaining why, with empathy and encouragement. I never berated you for your misunderstanding or for wasting time by giving incorrect information - only positive encouragement on how you can get there.

Within an hour of my reply in the first topic, you start a new topic - this one. You ask for help and again, you get a well-reasoned polite reply. I might point out that the underlying theme in all of my attempts to help you consistently points to configuration / settings problems. You have not even reviewed let alone followed the guidelines published by Blue Iris in the self help documentation - and ample documentation at that.

Yet you still dismiss the help offered. Further, you send a zinger implying that all of my help reminds you of a completely different situation with someone else. I'm getting a strong vibe that you don't think I know what I'm talking about - that's fine if that's your opinion. As I see it you brought your car in for repair and are arguing with the mechanic. Now let me ask you - has that ever worked out well?
JCAK

Post by JCAK »

You have deleted my previous post where I explain my version of what happened, saying that it does not comply with the forum rules and that is not true. You have told half of what happened and erased all my explanation about it, it seems that you do not accept any other explanation than yours. What you say is not honest, because I answered everything you asked and did everything you asked to try to resolve the detection issue. You don't like what I say, well I'm sorry but it's the truth. You are taking revenge and you feel powerful being an administrator and you delete my post as punishment. If you don't want to help me, let someone else do it, but respect me as I respect you.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I deleted no such thing. I ask that you refrain from ad hominem comments in the forum. If you have any issue to discuss that is not related to forum topics, please PM me. I am locking this topic.