Is anyone recording Weather, Police, Radio, into BlueIris?

MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I'm looking for a way to record local 'Police' adn 'Weather' (from Brodcastify.com?) into BlueIris.
Is anyone doing this, or, knows how?

I asked this some time back, but cannot find the topic. Maybe it was before the crash (which lost the db).
gasahold

Re: Is anyone recording Weather, Police, Radio, into BlueIris?

Post by gasahold »

You could capture broadcastify output using a command line tool like curl, wget or mpv by setting an Alert event to call the tool. If you then wanted to incorporate that audio into the video it could be done with ffmpeg.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

gasahold wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:57 pm You could capture broadcastify output using a command line tool like curl, wget or mpv by setting an Alert event to call the tool. If you then wanted to incorporate that audio into the video it could be done with ffmpeg.
Way over my head! Even if I did understand all that, I would preferer not to have a 3-4 layer method of getting this into BI.
I've found that the Brodcastify savable links are only good for a short time.

I suppose I could get a police scanner, and route the audio output into the mic jack of a camera, maybe? But, I don;t want to spend the money to test it.
gasahold

Post by gasahold »

MikeBwca wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:15 am Way over my head! Even if I did understand all that, I would preferer not to have a 3-4 layer method of getting this into BI.

I suppose I could get a police scanner, and route the audio output into the mic jack of a camera, maybe? But, I don;t want to spend the money to test it.
In BI's Audio tab for each camera there's an option for "Other DirectShow Device" and if I check that it points to my laptop microphone. I wonder if you plug a police scanner headphone out into your mic input jack on your computer would it show up in the "Other DirectShow Device" list. That might work... It might have to be set up like: https://youtu.be/K8_eNOOwAxA
gasahold

Post by gasahold »

gasahold wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:24 pm
MikeBwca wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:15 am Way over my head! Even if I did understand all that, I would preferer not to have a 3-4 layer method of getting this into BI.

In BI's Audio tab for each camera there's an option for "Other DirectShow Device" and if I check that it points to my laptop microphone. I wonder if you plug a police scanner headphone out into your mic input jack on your computer would it show up in the "Other DirectShow Device" list. That might work... It might have to be set up like: https://youtu.be/K8_eNOOwAxA
I was able to record broadcastify into the audio feed using BI. I enabled Stereo Mix on my laptop BI server then in the audio tab for the camera set "Other DirectShow Device" to the Stereo Mix device. I then ran "mpv.com https://www.broadcastify.com/scripts/pl ... 787852.m3u" from the command line, which is a live feed and when the camera triggered it recorded beautifully the feed from broadcastify onto the video. So it can be done...
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You guys are friggin' wizards... I swear.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Oh Wow! Thanks. I'll try that out, and report back.

Question...
- Isn't 'mvp.com' a web site? Or did you mean 'mvp.exe'?
gasahold

Post by gasahold »

MikeBwca wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:17 am Oh Wow! Thanks. I'll try that out, and report back.

Question...
- Isn't 'mvp.com' a web site? Or did you mean 'mvp.exe'?
mpv.com is the console command line version of mpv.exe which has a gui interface. The website for the mpv media player is here: https://mpv.io/ and mpv for windows is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-pl ... ows/files/

Note that VLC should work fine playing the stream as well.