ALPR Plate Recognition only for Confirmed Vehicles

MedZec

ALPR Plate Recognition only for Confirmed Vehicles

Post by MedZec »

In trigger, you can have a camera send image for plate recognition after DeepStack confirms it is a 'Vehicle'.

At night, the only thing visible is the license plate. It seems, because of headlights, the camera exposure has to be tuned to not wash out so most of the time it is just a floating license plate.

The platerecogizer.com gives you 2,500 free scans per month. Without the box for 'Only for confirmed vehicles' in trigger/AI/ALPR, the 400 walkers and joggers hit that limit in a few days.

My question is, I found an excellent DeepStack custom set to detect license plates. It would be nice to allow license plates to be considered 'vehicles' or somewhere to add that group to confirmed vehicle.

Otherwise I only get readings during the day.
aesterling

Re: ALPR Plate Recognition only for Confirmed Vehicles

Post by aesterling »

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 04.18.36 P.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 04.18.36 P.jpg (114.14 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
This is how I'm doing it. I'm using a custom deepstack "license plate" model and have BI set like this. So DS must confirm both a car AND a license plate before sending the images to Plate Recognizer. And it's profile-specific, so you can change your settings for a "night" profile and only require a license plate, since that's all the camera can see.

This way, every one of my Plate Recognizer images has a plate and I'm not wasting the 2,500 free scans on biccyles, people, and dogs.
Bignose2

Post by Bignose2 »

Hi,

Can you advise how "Only For Confirmed Vehicles Alert" is effecting/working with the other settings, DeepStack & BI
Really low on my 2500 monthly allowance so not got spare to test.

I imagined the Plate Recogniser : "Only For Confirmed Vehicles Alert" is not actually looking at DeepStack results but equally what is this setting detecting if not DS. What text determines a vehicle in PR? "car", "truck" or if using Sentry "Vehicle detection"

I assumed, as aesterling remarks on that functionality, it only continues on to PR if the criteria in DS are met. e.g. Car+LP
but again why have the "Only For Confirmed Vehicles Alert" at all then.

Also sure I can find it but where is the licence_plate custom model. I actually have my own very, very basic model, I was trying to get it to OCR the actual numbers but gave up a PR did such a good job.

Also my current V of BI actually does not work if there is anything in "Required AI Objects"
BI support are looking into it, seemed to imply there is a timing issue so aware. I rolled back a few versions but still not luck.
Currently on trigger, AI object blank, using script to load the BI log.txt & get the number from that & action on a know LP.
Whittakerj

Post by Whittakerj »

aesterling wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:28 pm Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 04.18.36 P.jpg
This is how I'm doing it. I'm using a custom deepstack "license plate" model and have BI set like this. So DS must confirm both a car AND a license plate before sending the images to Plate Recognizer. And it's profile-specific, so you can change your settings for a "night" profile and only require a license plate, since that's all the camera can see.

This way, every one of my Plate Recognizer images has a plate and I'm not wasting the 2,500 free scans on biccyles, people, and dogs.

Can you elaborate more on how you set up he license plate model and how you're running it?