How to completely back up

mrrentman

How to completely back up

Post by mrrentman »

If I want to completely backup my Blue Iris V4.8.6.3 in the event I had to rebuild from a disaster, where does it live besides c:\program files\blue iris 4?
Are there other data folders it creates and maintains somewhere that also need to be backed up?
Retired

Re: How to completely back up

Post by Retired »

Im gonna put this out there out there. With any installed program it does create a files for it needed parts to run and those may reside in a folder. But almost all programs have a registry settings. so if you copy the folders and lose the whole drive, then replace drive and load folders back in, that does not mean the program is there. The best way is export the camera and BI setting to a backup store other then you main drive, if the main drive dies then will a new drive then you download the BI program and load, input the key and then while in it import the BI and camera from the backup device. That's how I do it here and it works for me when I changed to new drives or upgrades computers.
TimG

Post by TimG »

We have already had a post about BI5 (But not BI4) back ups. Is there any info that helps here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=262
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

mrrentman wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:46 pm If I want to completely backup my Blue Iris V4.8.6.3 in the event I had to rebuild from a disaster, where does it live besides c:\program files\blue iris 4?
Are there other data folders it creates and maintains somewhere that also need to be backed up?
C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4
C:\ProgramData\Blue Iris

and the Windows registry for its settings and configuration: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software

It's fairly easy to backup Blue Iris 4 settings using REGEDIT and download the full installer for Blue Iris 4. This will allow you to re-install the software in only a few minutes and restore Blue Iris settings within seconds by double clicking on the REG file backup. The following link will explain how to backup Blue Iris 4 settings/configuration using BackupBI4.CMD. This backup method is superior to the export feature within Blue Iris 4 because it works outside of the BlueIris.exe application. Here is the link for a BackupBI4 utility...https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... ?f=5&t=443
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.