Change/replace hard disk help

General discussion about Blue Iris
gokiwi

Change/replace hard disk help

Post by gokiwi »

Hello All,

Currently have a 1TB disk (fills up pretty quick) so have obtained a 4TB and want to swap them without losing current recordings, whats the best way please ?

In case folks are interested I am running BI5 on a Dell Optiplex 7010 Core i5 (3rd Gen), 16 Gb ram , 250 Gb SSD for operating system and application , 1TB (soon to be 4TB - I hope) Storage. There are 4 Reolink RLC410 camera's (2 on permanent record and 2 on hotspot recording)

CPU sits at around 30% and memory around 1Gb, fairly new to this so dont have any customizations for BI5 yet (push, profiles etc)

Regards
MikeBwca

Re: Change/replace hard disk help

Post by MikeBwca »

Install the new hard drive.
Boot back up.

1. Shutdown BI completely.
2. Clone your BI 1tb drive to your new 4tb Drive. You can also, just drag/drop the BI folder.
3. Open 'Disk Management' and change the original BI 1tb drive letter to a different letter. Doesn't matter what letter. Use the first avail.
4. Using 'Disk Management' change the new BI 4tb hard drive's letter to the original BI drive letter you've been using all along. This is the same letter the 1tb drive used to be.
5. Start up BI, and it will access the new hard drive, providing you changed it to the correct drive letter.
6. If everything's ok, you can delete the previous 1tb's data and reuse it as additional storage.
John

Post by John »

I recently replaced my hard drive via cloning. Blue Iris 4 is now upset because it believes that the C: is over full. Get a red "!! C: -253.9G" alert at the bottom. How do I tell it that there is now plenty of storage available?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Database - Repair/Regenerate?
John

Post by John »

Tried that. No effect.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I don't know if this would work, but maybe try adjusting the storage limits so it thinks it has enough space (and stops complaining), then increase the limits back to where they were.
John wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:09 am I recently replaced my hard drive via cloning. Blue Iris 4 is now upset because it believes that the C: is over full. Get a red "!! C: -253.9G" alert at the bottom. How do I tell it that there is now plenty of storage available?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
John

Post by John »

Tried that. Set the allocation back to 500G. Error went away. When I bumped it back up to 800G, the over-allocation error comes back.