Sub Stream and Main Stream going out of sync

Cougar281

Sub Stream and Main Stream going out of sync

Post by Cougar281 »

I've been running BI for some time now and have periodically had issues with the main stream and sub stream going out of sync. I thought I had it fixed as I hadn't had any issues in a while, but it's cropped up again, worse than ever. An example is the FedEx driver dropped off some boxes today, and when I viewed the live video while he was delivering, I saw him pull up in the sub stream view of all cameras, but when he pulled up to the driveway and I switched to that camera which swapped it over to the main stream, the truck wasn't there. Watching the 'live' main stream, There was no truck present, but the motion rectangles being processed and added off the sub stream were being drawn on the main stream. When I exported the clip, I exported the sub stream and the main stream of the same clip, and what I got was the sub stream showing him walking the first trip to my porch with two boxes, but the main stream showed him walking up with one box (And it was choppy, which I've never had before). It SEEMED like this started after I updated to 5.5.1.20, but I'm not absolutely positive, and I've reverted back to 5.4.6.3. Waiting to see if it's still present.

The server is a Poweredge FC630 with 14 cores of a E5-2699v3 CPU enabled, 64GB RAM and the recordings are going to an iSCSI volume over a 10Gb link on a dedicated pair of mirrored disks on my FreeNAS, which is also serving up the VMWare LUNs for my ESXi hosts. CPU usage typically hovers around 10% (was MUCH higher before dual stream processing came about) and writes to the BI volume are only performed by BI - nothing else writes there. considering the CPU and the low utilization, this shouldn't be a lack of processing power.

In BI, all cameras are set to dual stream, Direct to disk/BVR format, 24MB receive buffer. Most of the cameras themselves are set to 15FPS, with a few set to 30FPS. The ones I have noticed the issue with are set to 30FPS, but I can't say one way or the other if any of the 15FPS cameras are also experiencing this as those don't see as much motion that I would be able to as easily notice it. All cameras are set to H.265 CBR/8192 on the main stream and H.265 CBR/512 on the sub stream. Most of the cameras are Dahua Starlight Plus 4MP cameras, with one 4K camera and a few older Speco 4MP cameras.

Off the cuff, does anyone have any thoughts as to why the main and sub streams are getting so far out of sync?
YrbkMgr

Re: Sub Stream and Main Stream going out of sync

Post by YrbkMgr »

I recently had a similar issue. The way I was to ultimately figure it out was by reviewing the log file of the camera in it's browser UI. It was dropping the signal at the camera, so it wasn't BI.I fixed that (wired it) and that stuttering hasn't happened since. So I'm not saying that's your issue... I'm saying consider looking at the camera log.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.