Blue Iris Cancelling Motion

macster2075

Blue Iris Cancelling Motion

Post by macster2075 »

I have been using DeepStack for a little while now and it's been working pretty good.
But, lately I've noticed that even though is detecting a person, Blue Iris is cancelling that motion...I can't tell why is doing that.
I have been testing it and walking in front of the cameras and it is detecting me fine even at high 80% person, but for some reason it cancels the alert/Motion.

I have also changed the settings to make it really sensitive like 115 size and 15 for the contrast, but that has no effect.
I made sure that there is nothing inside the "Cancel" section.

Any ideas?
YrbkMgr

Re: Blue Iris Cancelling Motion

Post by YrbkMgr »

macster2075 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:21 am I have been using DeepStack for a little while now and it's been working pretty good.
But, lately I've noticed that even though is detecting a person, Blue Iris is cancelling that motion...I can't tell why is doing that.
I have been testing it and walking in front of the cameras and it is detecting me fine even at high 80% person, but for some reason it cancels the alert/Motion.

I have also changed the settings to make it really sensitive like 115 size and 15 for the contrast, but that has no effect.
I made sure that there is nothing inside the "Cancel" section.

Any ideas?
Based on what you said, Blue Iris isn't cancelling an alert, Deepstack is cancelling it. DS manages whether or not a motion trigger produces the alert. DS is there as a cop to determine if motion that occurs after the triggering event, satisfies the criteria in AI settings. Then it's a "go / no go" decision - confirmed or cancelled.

Point is, it's not BI, it's DS where you should focus - if you're getting recordings and such, then the detector settings are working properly. If you're not getting notified when you think you should be - like things that are supposed to happen when a person is detected aren't happening for example, then you have to do a dive into DS troubleshooting to it figure out. There are TOMES of information about interpreting what DS is telling you in this forum and BI Support channel on YT to get your arms around it.

Maybe look at the Deepstack Analysis section of DeepStack Analysis - Fine Tuning Settings at: https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... =16&t=2535
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
Tommyt57

Post by Tommyt57 »

I agree with others.. Blue Iris is not canceling your alerts. Deepstack is the issue. Set your Deepstack "min confidence" to around 40%. The lower the percentage, the less chance of Deepstack tossing out a valid alerts. For me, most of the valid alerts Deepstack misses are night alerts. My camera's IVS actually does better than Deepstack or Blue Iris.

Blue Iris just does a better job of managing alerts.
mcmurm

Post by mcmurm »

If DeepStack is canceling the alert, you can find that out by looking at the logging information.
macster2075

Post by macster2075 »

I found out what it was. It was actually a word I had in the "cancel motion" called train. For some reason, it would detect my AC unit as a train. So to "fix" it, I added train to be cancelled...but then realized, some cars were also being labeled as train lol. So, I had to remove the cancelled word and just selected the AC unit area to not be monitored.
Last edited by macster2075 on Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Excellent. In my experience leaving the cancel box blank eliminates a bunch of headaches.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.