New recording files won’t get moved anymore

Fazed

Re: New recording files won’t get moved anymore

Post by Fazed »

I believe this may be related to an issue I keep having - the alert recordings of the cameras are being saved as 00 second long clips, apparently actually just jpeg snapshots. No video is saved (not in the New folder either). Double-clicking one of these alerts pops up a "Sorry, file not found" -message.

This seems to be be cured by either restarting the service or "refreshing" camera settings by opening the camera settings and just pressing ok. This makes me suspect the service is somehow forgetting camera settings and using some kind of defaults.
Also, I have a setup which has 7x Hikvision/Dahua cameras of 2-4MP and 3 (remote, over internet) 640x480 Logitech cameras (don't ask :) and about 12 hours after a service restart or camera refresh the issue starts reoccurring, one by one, until none of the HD cameras are recording. It does NOT, however, affect the remote 640x480 cameras for some weird reason, they continue recording just fine. It also would not seem to be related to the amount of alerts or anything like that as some of the HD cameras get way less (or even no) alerts and the remote cams get loads. The 00 second recordings also occur if triggering the alert manually.

This is something related to version 5, never had this problem in version 4. I also believe it started occurring after either the last update or the one before that, the first time I noticed it was Tuesday this week but it could have been earlier without me noticing.
zeroktal

Post by zeroktal »

I am having this exact issue. I just bought BI5 because I was told it is an issue with BI4. Help?
zeroktal

Post by zeroktal »

Its been a month. Anything?
amillerlv

Post by amillerlv »

Had same problem with V4 on Win10. Fixed it by going into services and found the BlueIris service and changed login to use a local user (with administrator rights), and restarted the BlueIris service.