analog video compression cards, recommendations?

acme

analog video compression cards, recommendations?

Post by acme »

i know this sounds like a step backwards, but i have a couple of expensive analog cameras that i have not found replacements for in the ip world. i had been using a BlueCherry H480p 16 port card with some windows drivers in windows 7 and 10 until this #1903 update, now no matter how i try to install the drivers they end up crashing the pc and BlueCherry has quit windows support for them. so i am looking for a replacement card that will work in windows 10 and not cost an outrageous $$$.

FYI the cameras are true starlight cameras like the ones used to track meteors, they need .000001 candle light to see by. so on an overcast night this camera thinks its a full moon!

any ideas will be appreciated!
TimG

Re: analog video compression cards, recommendations?

Post by TimG »

Hi Acme, no response from ipcamstalks [sic} then :lol:

I am still using a Euresys Picolo Pro 2 analogue card with the latest version of Win10 Pro 64 bit. They were second hand on Ebay, taken from a professional setup. They are a bit of a faff to set up, as you need to install "Multicam studio", and add a registry patch to get above 640 x 480 resolution. With that, I have 768 x 576 on two old cameras.

I recently figured out this would be the cheapest way to set up a door cam as well.

Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.