Best Setting for PC Core i3 with CPU Usage not 100%

mispropan

Best Setting for PC Core i3 with CPU Usage not 100%

Post by mispropan »

i have pc core i3 but my cpu usage is 100% using blue iris with console open and 17 cameras vivotek.
Can anyone help me, give me best setting to lower cpu usage 100% ?
HeneryH

Re: Best Setting for PC Core i3 with CPU Usage not 100%

Post by HeneryH »

Which generation of CPU?

17 cameras on an i3 of any generation sounds like it might be pushing the envelope.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

mispropan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:35 am i have pc core i3 but my cpu usage is 100% using blue iris with console open and 17 cameras vivotek.
There are some screen shots that would be beneficial...
- BI Status/Cameras
- BI Status/Clip Storage
- BI Settings/Cameras
- Camera Settings/Video
- Camera Settings/Record
- Camera Settings/Record/Video file format and compression

If your not running BI as a service, minimizing the BI console will greatly reduce cpu.
If your running BI as a service, you can also close/exit the BI console.

There some basic settings that help to lesson cpu.

In BI settings...
Cameras tab:
- ' Hardware acceleration'. Set to whatever you have.
- 'Limit live preview rate'. Set this to 5, 10, or, 15. This ONLY effects the BI console, not the recordings.

In each Cameras settings:
- Set 'Hardware acceleration' to whatever you have.
- Set to use 'BI DVR format (should be set as default).
- Set Video compression to 'Direct-to-disc'.
- Do NOT use overlays. This can ad a few cpu % per camera. If you use d2d, overlays will not be recorded, so there pointless and just informational to the live preview.

There are other settings that will effect cpu...
- 'Video file format and compression' profile settings. This is complex (at least for me). Best thing to do is research each setting.
- The frame rate of each camera. You do not need 30fps on the recordings. 15 fps is fine. On a large system like you have, 10 might be more benefit. You will need to go into each cameras gui (not BI) and set the frame rate.
- Each cameras keyframe. This is also set in the cameras gui. It is listed in the 'FPS/key' column in 'BI Status/Cameras'. Research keyframe and see BI help.
- Cameras added to BI. Do you add the same camera multiple times? (For things like zoning...) If so, are the duplicates clones, or, added like a new camera? This does make a difference. You'll want to use clones. Clones use the same video feed as the parent, and do NOT log into the camera saving cpu.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I can think of on the spot.
mispropan

Post by mispropan »

MikeBwca wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:06 pm
mispropan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:35 am i have pc core i3 but my cpu usage is 100% using blue iris with console open and 17 cameras vivotek.
There are some screen shots that would be beneficial...
- BI Status/Cameras
- BI Status/Clip Storage
- BI Settings/Cameras
- Camera Settings/Video
- Camera Settings/Record
- Camera Settings/Record/Video file format and compression

If your not running BI as a service, minimizing the BI console will greatly reduce cpu.
If your running BI as a service, you can also close/exit the BI console.

There some basic settings that help to lesson cpu.

In BI settings...
Cameras tab:
- ' Hardware acceleration'. Set to whatever you have.
- 'Limit live preview rate'. Set this to 5, 10, or, 15. This ONLY effects the BI console, not the recordings.

In each Cameras settings:
- Set 'Hardware acceleration' to whatever you have.
- Set to use 'BI DVR format (should be set as default).
- Set Video compression to 'Direct-to-disc'.
- Do NOT use overlays. This can ad a few cpu % per camera. If you use d2d, overlays will not be recorded, so there pointless and just informational to the live preview.

There are other settings that will effect cpu...
- 'Video file format and compression' profile settings. This is complex (at least for me). Best thing to do is research each setting.
- The frame rate of each camera. You do not need 30fps on the recordings. 15 fps is fine. On a large system like you have, 10 might be more benefit. You will need to go into each cameras gui (not BI) and set the frame rate.
- Each cameras keyframe. This is also set in the cameras gui. It is listed in the 'FPS/key' column in 'BI Status/Cameras'. Research keyframe and see BI help.
- Cameras added to BI. Do you add the same camera multiple times? (For things like zoning...) If so, are the duplicates clones, or, added like a new camera? This does make a difference. You'll want to use clones. Clones use the same video feed as the parent, and do NOT log into the camera saving cpu.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I can think of on the spot.
thanks.
just only Set Video compression to 'Direct-to-disc'.
cpu usage down to 30%-80%.
this should be enough for now.
GabrielLuke

Post by GabrielLuke »

This indicates that your CPU achieves 100% if your machine fan always reachs its highest speed. Your PC can be slower at the same time. Especially if you actually do nothing. This is annoying. Click on MiniTool for more information, here are 8 solutions.

1. Too many background processes A program running on a pc contains those that are not opened in the window has a background process. Because Windows itself needs to run some background processes, several background processes are running concurrently on the machine. When you continuously load the programs on your PC, more and more programs are running and high CPU usage can occur.

2. You could be aware that the svchost.exe (netscvs) process causes high memory and/or CPU use when opening the Task Manager. This process is sometimes related to malware, but it's a legal Windows process that is system critical.

3. The WMI Host is part of Windows, which enables to control and resolve large numbers of network systems. WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.EXE). It will be out of sight, though, occasionally.

4. On the one hand an irritating antivirus or virus will cause a high CPU usage. There is an annoying antivirus. A virus may also cause high use of CPUs, on the other hand.

5. In reality, the system idle process is just a thread that consumes CPU cycles and is not used. Therefore, it's a high use of CPUs.
6. You can also use facial recognition to secure your personal data more effectively.