Statis object detection

General discussion about Blue Iris
iku777

Statis object detection

Post by iku777 »

Hi,

I need some help/guidance in configuring properly static object detection.
Here is my issue. I have a tree and when it winds, it generates shadows / movements, which trigger my motion detection.
Given I have some AI that triggers only alerts on car / people, that is not a problem as per say.
Problem is that quite often, it generates a warning for the car we have parked all the time in the driveway

I have enabled the static object analysis (see AI picture). I have attached my settings as well as the details of the rule I have (Static object and Rule picture).
I have read the manual and configured those options to my undestanding, but somehow it still generates a ton of false alerts.
Am I missing something?

Thanks for your advices.
Attachments
AI.jpg
AI.jpg (195.02 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Static object.jpg
Static object.jpg (143.34 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Rule.jpg
Rule.jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 245 times
TimG

Re: Statis object detection

Post by TimG »

Does anybody have a clue ? I'm having similar problems so if you do understand this, please post :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I am no expert, but why do you have static selected, it is my understanding that is to identify static object (ie not moving), is it not the movement of the trees that is the issue. What exactly are you trying to alert on from that camera, do you really need to detect the non moving car?
iku777

Post by iku777 »

BruceH wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:27 pm I am no expert, but why do you have static selected, it is my understanding that is to identify static object (ie not moving), is it not the movement of the trees that is the issue. What exactly are you trying to alert on from that camera, do you really need to detect the non moving car?
Hi,
Happy to explain. I don't want any alerts on movement of trees / shadows etc. I have programmed Blue Iris to only triggers alerts on motion detection where either a person or a car is detected. When my car is not parked there "permanently', this works fine. A movement of the trees and it's shadow would trigger a motion detected that would get ignore as no car / persons are detected.

Problem I have is that, when the tree /shadow creates a movement, the motion detection gets triggered and sometimes BI identifies the car, even though it didnt move for the last few days.

Desired outcome would be: motion detected, car detected, alert ignored given that car was there and hasn't moved in the last x mins / hours.

Does that clarify?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Mask the location of the car's 'static' location. It then becomes a non-issue unless it either exits or approaches the masked area which would presumably trigger the appropriate action for the detected activity.
iku777

Post by iku777 »

Pogo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:17 am Mask the location of the car's 'static' location. It then becomes a non-issue unless it either exits or approaches the masked area which would presumably trigger the appropriate action for the detected activity.
Hi.

Yes, this seems to be an idea to get around the problem.
Assuming the 'static' car parks at a very similar location everytime, I don't see a lot of downside to this option.
Just thought it was basically the purpose of the static object funtionality and that there was a way to configure it 'better' to have it fit my need.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

iku777 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:13 pm Just thought it was basically the purpose of the static object funtionality and that there was a way to configure it 'better' to have it fit my need.
There probably is, but intuitive or intelligent doesn't seem to apply to how AI is actually designed. LOL
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'm certain its purpose is intelligent masking rather than simple black out masking. One of my issues is reflected cloud movement on my car windscreen causing multiple CPAI "Car" triggers. Surely it can't be impossible to show the car isn't moving :|

I've just set up a rule. It didn't have any, so no rules = no static objects. This rule looks to be the opposite to what I'm after, so I'll try this for laughs:
static.png
static.png (65.44 KiB) Viewed 56 times
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hmm, I told myself to RTFM, and it has this rule that looks somehow useful:

static2.png
static2.png (38.2 KiB) Viewed 53 times

If only I knew what it meant :lol:
Forum Moderator.