Zones not working as expected

General discussion about Blue Iris
veldthui

Zones not working as expected

Post by veldthui »

I am having trouble with tree branches getting picked up as movement so decided that zones should fix the issue as they can't move from one zone to the other.
With that in mind I set up 6 zones with the trees in one zone and away from the rest. I then set up a zone for the whole area as Zone H. Set the zone detection as A-B,B-C,C-D,D-E,E-F.
However Blue Iris is still picking up movement of the trees in the one zone. It does not cross into any other zone other than H but H is not covered in the detection zones. I had the movement more than xxx still on so turned that off an still get the same result. I want to turn the sensitivity way down along with the contrast as I am missing even so people walking through.
Getting hundreds of detects from the trees.
Any suggestions much appreciated. I did look for you tube videos but found only one and basically have it set the way they did it.
Pogo

Re: Zones not working as expected

Post by Pogo »

Zone H is the hot spot zone and is normally avoided. It has no settings other than to trigger when anything happens within its boundaries.

Zone A is the default main zone. Just crop the trees out of Zone A and go from there.
veldthui

Post by veldthui »

Thanks. I changed the H zone to G and it appears to be working now. I tried trimming the trees out of zone A originally but they encroach way over as the sun goes down which means a big hunk of the property would not be monitored.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

veldthui wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:09 pm Any suggestions much appreciated. I did look for you tube videos but found only one and basically have it set the way they did it.
This is a real good series. He addresses zones very well -- among most of the other fundamentals. Shorter videos straight to the point of the subject. It's an older series using v4 but a very good resource nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPIbTc8JRuU

Glad you got your issue figured out.