Please help troubleshoot configuration

MikeBwca

Re: Please help troubleshoot configuration

Post by MikeBwca »

The main reason the posted captures are so bad is that they look like they are taken with a cell phone!
Use the windows game bar, or, one of the various utilities to capture directly in Windows.

I've been noticing somewhere in the latest 3-5 updates (Since the new group layout), that BI memory used increases slightly. Usually by about 300-500 meg over a day or so, then seems to stabilize.
FullSwing

Post by FullSwing »

Thank you for the help! I was able to get the sub streams up and running. In the tool bar when I clicked on the find/inspect button it automatically populated the sub stream path. (cant believe I didn't notice this option before lol) I will post the screenshot below, hopefully this thread can be of some help to others as well. I will also post my new stats as the sub stream definitely lightened the load. Of course as mentioned before I will need to wait a few days until I will be able to see if this cured the problem or not. As of now this fix feels the most promising compared to my previous attempts so fingers crossed! I will report back in a few days.

Cheers!
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (15.53 KiB) Viewed 5490 times
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (10).png (143.8 KiB) Viewed 5490 times
Screenshot (99).png
Screenshot (99).png (220.5 KiB) Viewed 5490 times
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Awesome to hear. I would have to imagine your CPU is running a lot better - at least initially. As you said the real test will be to wait a few days to a week to know for sure. I'm hopeful and goodluck.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
TimG

Post by TimG »

Wow, 255MP/s down to 19MP/s by using sub-streams :o
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
FullSwing

Post by FullSwing »

Whats up guys,

Stopping in to give an update and share the progress. My CPU still keeps maxing out, it does however take a bit longer to do so. I am now currently toying around with my motion sense settings because after using the sub stream everything changed quite a bit in this area. I currently have a ton of false triggers throughout the day and record a lot more than usual. I am hoping if I can get the motion sense settings where they should be it will cut down on the CPU usage. I am not sure this is the issue but figured it needs to be done anyway so why not start there. Beyond fixing the motion setting I am lost so fingers crossed lol. Hope everyone has been well!

Cheers!
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

First thing to try is disabling hardware acceleration on all the cams.

For the video drivers, I also get a similar message if I get the drivers direct from Intel so go to the PC manufacturers site, into their Support page and see if you can find video drivers that have been validated and approved by them and download the current and a few releases prior. Start with the current and then take it from there.

There is no immediate fix and with each change you make monitor the system for a few days to see if the behaviour changes, also don't make more than 1 change at any time, you want to try an identify what might be the issue so for example after installing the video driver enable hardware acceleration on one camera at a time and monitor.