BI5-storage setup

AP514

BI5-storage setup

Post by AP514 »

Hi ALL
I just Downloaded the Manual for BI5. I am 1 step closer to getting all set up for my IPCAMs....

I am looking into the Setup and Storage.

This is my Setup I plain to start out with..My old computer.
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, 3rd Gen-i5-3570K CPU, CoolMaster Hyper 212 Evo-Cooler CPU, Skills Sniper 16 GB, Cruicial 512 GB -SSD (for OS) , MSI-GTX 680 Twin Frozr 4GB O/C. 3 - 12TB HDs (Shucked)

I want to use 2-12TB HDs in RAID 1 for recording. Plus 1-12TB for Longer Term Storage. Does BI5 have a way to Move the Files from the Raid 1 when 80% full to the 3rd HD for LTerm storage ? and have it do it automatically.
I see archive folder it that how it will do it ?

Thanks in Advance

AP514
MikeBwca

Re: BI5-storage setup

Post by MikeBwca »

Yes. BI can move its files to another storage location automatically.
AP514

Post by AP514 »

MikeBwca wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:42 am Yes. BI can move its files to another storage location automatically.
Great So, I plan on having the 2- 12TB drive that are in Raid 1 for the Active Folder(can not remember the wording)
Then I can have the Active Folder (Raid 1 Drives..download (archive) over to the 3rd 12TB drive when they get to about 80% full.......Correct ? ?

Still working out if the archive should be once a week thing or wait the full time until the drive needs to just dump the whole thing over all at once.....

Thoughts on this ?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I've not used the move to another folder/drive option.

According to the manual, and the 'Clips and archiving' tab, you can move a BI folder to another location based on folder size, and/or, file age.

Some users have reported issues with moving to a NAS, or, other network location. I didn't follow the postings, so I'm not sure of the issues/resolutions.

See the BI manual, starting on page 81 for 'Clip Folders'.