More pics...
Attachments
foscam-mount-4.jpg
foscam-mount-4.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 12525 times
foscam-mount-5.jpg
foscam-mount-5.jpg (20.23 KiB) Viewed 12525 times
foscam-mount-6.jpg
foscam-mount-6.jpg (18.79 KiB) Viewed 12525 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
broachoski

Re: Reolink RLC-420-5MP - so far so good

Post by broachoski »

I also have been using indoor cameras outdoors. I have 2 of these Amcrest Indoor Pan/Tilt Security Wireless IP Camera IP2M-841B
ethernet wired, mounted outside to monitor the deer population. Prior to today both were supplied the required external 5 volts by a nearby power source but thanks to the above post, I installed a POE to 5 volt converter and they work great.
I used plastic electrical boxes from Home Depot, drilled large hole to allow camera to rest on its own weight when inserted upside down in the box. They have been working great for about 3 months and survived several heavy rain falls.
It is nice to use Blue Iris with PTZ to play around. Night vision does not reach very far though.
Attachments
amcrestoutdoor3.jpg
amcrestoutdoor3.jpg (94.5 KiB) Viewed 12471 times
amcrestoutdoor2.jpg
amcrestoutdoor2.jpg (96.27 KiB) Viewed 12471 times
amcrestoutdoor1.jpg
amcrestoutdoor1.jpg (125.25 KiB) Viewed 12471 times
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

That looks like a good, durable, weatherproof enclosure. Do those lock somehow? I'd worry about someone lifting it out and running off with it.

This also looks like it might work: https://www.homedepot.com/p/4-in-x-4-in ... /202043437

It's 4"x4"x4", which seems like it would be just about perfect for the Amcrest- the part sticking out below would reduce the inside hide to about 3".

I think I'd cut the hole, feed the ethernet cable through, form some Saran Wrap around the base, and then maybe foam the whole box in with something like Great Stuff (https://www.homedepot.com/p/GREAT-STUFF ... /206977048)

Hmmm, sounds like I'm due for a trip to Home Depot...
Attachments
REE-1030.jpg
REE-1030.jpg (33.45 KiB) Viewed 12451 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

Mine is about 9x9x4 and had those tabs on them but I cut them off. The top seals with those 4 screws and there is a foam seal with it. I chose the larger box because of blowing rain since these cameras are not sealed like real outdoor cameras
I had mine mounted higher than someone could reach but lowered it. No one around here to worry about stealing it but they would be on other cameras. I like the idea frequently mentioned over on IPCT about having overlapping coverage so you will have at least 2 views of the intruders.
Concerning Blue Iris, I am learning more all the time. I like the "Timeline view" for looking back and viewing all cameras in sync.
I do not like the "Toggle PTZ controls" as it takes up space at the bottom.
If you don't know about it, toggle the "solo selected cameras" in the upper toolbar so when you click a camera full screen, you can use the cursor on the screen to pan up/dn, rt/left, and zoom.
I had it working in the past but did not know how to toggle it. I searched a lot but never could find it until searching the built in help file.
Another thing to remember is that if you are digitally zoomed in there will be a hand symbol instead of a cursor on the screen.
Another thing that ate my lunch was after getting several cameras recording full time, They recorded fine but when viewing on the GUI screen they were cycling at about 5 second intervals. Finally I found that under the main settings, cameras, set "video on remote desktop" to " unrestricted"
I chose record direct to disk, combine or cut clips to 1 hour and have Triggers set for motion detection
That's jut a few tidbits I wanted to share in case something may be of benefit.
You might want to start a new topic for future questions since we have held this Reolink topic hostage for a while.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

broachoski wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:16 am You might want to start a new topic for future questions since we have held this Reolink topic hostage for a while.
Sounds good, maybe I'll start a thread for enclosures and mounting ideas.
mbram3

Post by mbram3 »

I am running 3 reolink 410 and 1 420 for 3 years now. Only issue has been one 410 dropping static IP address and going back to DHCP. outside of that, Reolink cameras have been great.
bi v5
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

After installing these, the main thing I'm not happy about is the limited field of view- maybe 70 or 80 degrees, not nearly wide enough. I'm thinking of relocating them to a higher spot so they can view/capture more area.

Also, the image seems square, so maybe I don't have something set correctly. (??)

Aside from the narrow field of view they seem okay. We've had some chilly weather (low 20s) and they're still working. :)
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

You can login directly to the camera and play with the resolution settings and it may change the screen layout. It works on some but I have not played with a Reolink
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Yep, I did that but the choices are limited.

2560 x 1920
2560 x 1440
2048 x 1536
2304 x 1296

2560 x 1920 is the 'widest' but still not a good aspect ratio.

On a lark I got one of these to play with and test: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYS1TL8/

It claims a 150° wide-angle view which will be very useful if true. I'm going to play with it this week or weekend. It has a full metal casing, very lightweight. Kind of low resolution (1080p) but it should work just right for a wide area I want to monitor. It says it'll run "Full HD 1080p/30fps", but we'll see. I'm not convinced, ,lol.

The camera's main shortcoming is that is doesn't take an SD card so there's no backup recordings in the camera itself. That's a big minus in my book but not necessarily a deal breaker. (I knew about the lack of SD card storage before I bought it.)

On the plus side, just about everything else. :D It seems solidly built, fit and finish are fine, the cabling is good, and it's very compact. It has an excellent built-in web interface with loads of options. The interface is clean and logically designed, a nice change from many of the cameras interfaces out there.

broachoski wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:47 am You can login directly to the camera and play with the resolution settings and it may change the screen layout. It works on some but I have not played with a Reolink
melias

Post by melias »

What stream are you guys using for the RLC-410/420 cameras in BI? Mine auto detected the following but I'd like to know how to specify the "clear" or "fluent" stream. Do I just change all the zeros to ones?
/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}