Camera works on manufactuers app, but not on BI ??

For anything else on your mind
HughS

Camera works on manufactuers app, but not on BI ??

Post by HughS »

Newby to BI here AGAIN. This BI is whipping my A_ _.. but I WILL win. I know it is my ignorance of the program, not Blue Iris. So here we go. This problem has happened on two cameras now, a FOSCAM and now a HISEEU... I will cover the problem and only give info on the HISEEU in this plea..:-)
When I started, I used the camera instructions and connected with the cameras app on my phone - the process was primarily scanning QR codes and bingo - the camera shows on the app. In the 'about camera' seciton, it gave me the IP address that the camera is using in the app. So I went into BI and configured the network IP to that same address. I confirmed the camera is using that address with the Advanced IP Scanner and Advanced Port Scanner programs. No Joy.. I get NO Signal prompts, and Error 8000007a(Check Port/User/Password)0 codes.... I was using admin admin as user name and password, same as the other 5 cameras. I have tried dropping those and re - configuring, dropping just the password, keeping the user name, No good, same thing. I have tried to configure as Generic/ONVIF, no good - I have tried to configure using HISEEU as Make before and during the Generic/ONVIF process, no camera picture. I have tried checking the 'Skip intial MAC, HTTP,DNS readability tests, I have tried it unchecked. NO JOY... I know the cam works, I can see it on the app.. I don't know if the QR code put in some password of its' own to connect to the app. Not thinking so..
HISEEU camera is Model: CA-Q-M2, not listed under HISEEU config in BI.. but don't think that is the problem since no video using the Generic/ONVIF config.
Since this has happened on two cams that are confirmed to be working on their phone apps, I KNOW I am missing something, I KNOW I am not the first and I KNOW someone out there is going to have a simple straight forward solution for me. Thanks in advance for putting me on the right track ...HughS.
HeneryH

Re: Camera works on manufactuers app, but not on BI ??

Post by HeneryH »

The first step would be to us the BI Camera settings page and do an "Inspect" after entering the camera url/user/pw.

See if it comes back with any results.
HughS

Post by HughS »

Opening 192.168.1.17 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 404
Opening 192.168.1.17 port 8888...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2024-03-15T18:24:15.000Z
Requesting device information...
Invalid response. Is the password correct?
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/image_service
Has media services: /onvif/media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
No automatic configuration made
Done
HughS

Post by HughS »

That was the return in the Generic/ONVIF in make choice... This is the return with HISEEU in the make choice:
Opening 192.168.1.17 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 404
Opening 192.168.1.17 port 8880...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
No automatic configuration made
Done
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

So it can't seem to log in. The result should be the same regardless of which camera brand you use. This is just a generic query to the camera.

You have login issues to the camera it seems.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Can you post screenshot of the 'Network IP configuration' after the 'Find inspect'?

For the HISEEU, It looks like it's using ONVIF port 8888, and the camera user/password is incorrect, as HeneryH pointed out.

You've already used 'Generic/ONVIF'. But, did you change the port # to 8888. You'll have to figure out the RTSP port #. Hopefully they use '554'.
You can check the ONVIV & RTSP port # used by the camera by successfully logging into the camera via the phone app or web browser.

BI should be finding the Foscam via 'Find/Inspect'.

Do you have other cameras of thes same make/model that work correctly?
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think the Foscam HT2 is a normal IP camera that BI5 should be fine with, but in the OP's other thread, I had found a Youtube video which stated the Hiseeu WHD604 will not work with BI5.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HughS

Post by HughS »

Ok, seems like we can toss the Hiseeu. So, I will try to respond to info to try to get the FOSCAM to connect to BI... I have it working on the app that came with the camera but was unable to connect it to the BI program.. I will try to provide some data as requested above to give some info for you to point me in the right direction. I will reset the FOSCAM to factory and start over to get that info.. back in a few... Thanks for all your help.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The normal method is to put the IP address into the BI5 window with the user/pw and press "Find/inspect", but quite a lot of changes have been made to the find/inspect to simplify finding cameras so that you don't need IP scanning software or a Port scanner.
Go to add a camera to BI5 and do NOT put the IP address or user/pw in. Press "Find/inspect". BI5 will now do a full IP/Port scan and make a list of everything it finds. Can you see the Foscam there ? If so, double click it. If not, are you sure the Foscam is fully powered up ? It can also do an "ONVIF discovery" scan but that didn't work for me.

You could of course ask Foscam how to use the camera with Blue Iris :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Have you successfully configured your Foscam using Find/Inspect?
Do you other Foscam cameras of the same model working in BI, or is this the only one?
Also, what version of BI are you on now?