Show only cameras with motion??

General discussion about Blue Iris
rogerpeters

Show only cameras with motion??

Post by rogerpeters »

Hello,

Can the system be setup so that only the cameras that have motion are displayed? If zero cameras have motion the screen is blank, if 10 cameras have motion those 10 cameras show up. If there is no motion there is really no reason to look at the screen.

Thanks for making a great product!
Thixotropic

Re: Show only cameras with motion??

Post by Thixotropic »

I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell there's no way to do that.
rogerpeters wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:01 am Can the system be setup so that only the cameras that have motion are displayed? If zero cameras have motion the screen is blank, if 10 cameras have motion those 10 cameras show up. If there is no motion there is really no reason to look at the screen.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
pauld

Post by pauld »

That would be a good feature actually.

1: I wonder if that would also help levitate cpu usage as well?
2: It would maximize viewing screen per camera. If there was 20 Cameras then only the ones with active would show. 4 cameras take screen space is better than 20 .
3: Can both Pined cameras and also "On triggered " cameras. so some might be always on and others only when triggered will be turned on and available space will be made available.
Loper

Post by Loper »

Thread life breather: Did this ever come to fruition?