Outdoor cams

cmccarter

Outdoor cams

Post by cmccarter »

Been using a couple of cheap wanscam bullet cams but they are dying. looking to put in a single cam with a fov of 120, wired preferably 12vdc. any suggestions. looking to spend between 50 and 150 especially want good nite vision
terk

Re: Outdoor cams

Post by terk »

I us mainly Dahua Starlight cameras outside and have no complaints, One has no IR and has great night vision, the others have IR but I can turn those off and they still see fine just a little less contrast. This is the one with no IR on the camera and the only IR in view is on the far left at the front door bell. Sorry I had to reduce the picture quality to get it small enough to allow me to add the picture so it's not nearly as clear as the camera really is.
45D86BA5-C171-420B-9B0D-8DC009553CF1.png
45D86BA5-C171-420B-9B0D-8DC009553CF1.png (74.34 KiB) Viewed 4490 times
cmccarter

Post by cmccarter »

thanks which model is this. I have looked at the reolink but a few bad reviews turned me of. can the dahau's be used with a regular 12 vdc supply and not do poe?. i have them pounted on my window sill in my room over the garage so a downward shot of maybe 40 ft. can get 2 id needed to cover the triple driveway
terk

Post by terk »

That particular camera is a SD12200T-GN and can do 12v DC although I have all of mine powered via POE. I don't think they make that model anymore but most of their 2mp Starlight cameras should have the same night vision capabilities. I'd suggest searching Amazon for cameras sold by EmpireTech and looking for ones with Starlight in the description, he has a good reputation for selling cameras with English or multi language firmware.
cmccarter

Post by cmccarter »

got my dahau model HFW2431S-S-S2 PoE IVS cameras yesterday. very happy with the FOV and the picture quality.. even zoomed into my neighbor's porch across the street. The wider view also allowed me to pull another old wanscam 720p camera. Tnx for the info
terk

Post by terk »

cmccarter wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:27 pm got my dahau model HFW2431S-S-S2 PoE IVS cameras yesterday. very happy with the FOV and the picture quality.. even zoomed into my neighbor's porch across the street. The wider view also allowed me to pull another old wanscam 720p camera. Tnx for the info
Glad you found something that works for you, that looks like a nice camera!