Blue Iris 5 substream profile Foscam FI9828P

Securem

Blue Iris 5 substream profile Foscam FI9828P

Post by Securem »

Does anyone know the Blue Iris sub stream profile for the Foscam FI9828P? The main stream profile that works is /?0
MikeBwca

Re: Blue Iris 5 substream profile Foscam FI9828P

Post by MikeBwca »

In the cameras settings... Video tab, Configure...

- Click 'Find/inspect...'. Click 'ok' to return. Sometimes new versions will introduce new options/features, like substreams.
- In the 'Stream Profile' section, click the 'Sub' dropdown. You should see 2 or more profiles. Select the profile that is not listed in the 'Main' section. The substream path should appear on the right.

You'll need to check 'Record dual-streams if available' if you want to record both streams.

If the substream is at a lower resolution, you will see this on the console, but playback will be at the Main stream.

There's other issues with this. I'm not sure is motion detection is based on the substream or main stream.
I don't use substreams as my cameras substreams are at5 a much lower resolution than the main stream.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

While my response isn't really helping the OP, I do believe motion detection is done on the substream (if configured) rather than the main stream. In my experience, this is more than sufficient for artificial intelligence. The system is looking for changes in pixels, color variations, etc (which is why it will pick up dark/light changes with clouds and headlights) and isn't looking to see if Joe is walking on the sidewalk**. My mainstreams run at 3.7 MP (cameras can be 5 MP but I prefer the wider aspect view) and my substreams run at a measly 0.3 MP for an amazing screen resolution of 856x480. Believe it or not, it's really not all that bad at that resolution but my recordings are still done at the higher level. And most importantly, I never miss a car coming up driveway or passing on the road. I get alerted for delivery people and when friends walk up and animals as they walk by.

**I'm referring to basic AI that Blue Iris has built in... of course if you want to use Sentry Smart Alerts or the LPR, then yes, they may need super ultra full HD.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
TimG

Post by TimG »

Does anyone know the Blue Iris sub stream profile for the Foscam FI9828P? The main stream profile that works is /?0
I had trouble getting substreams working with my Foscam R2, until I found the winning config. You could try similar settings as a test:

1. Model is Foscam "C1/C2/R2/R4/FI98xx/99xx RTSP".
2. Main stream is /videomain
3. Substream is /videosub

Any progress ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

This is what I found for my Foscam FI9826P v2 cameras, which use the same BI camera profile.

The newer versions had changes to populate the Main/Sub with dropdowns. They usually have 2 profiles 'pro0_name' and 'prof1_name'. Main defaults to 'prof0_name, which is the main substream. The sub defaults to '(default)', which is the same as Main. Selecting the Sub dropdown will show the second substream profile name. Select this, and the path shoudl change tot he substream path.