Blue Iris Config for Chinese Camera PG2285i

thepfef

Blue Iris Config for Chinese Camera PG2285i

Post by thepfef »

Cant get this camera to work with BI. Connects fine via Chrome, etc. I know the correct path for streaming video is: rtsp://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:554/stream0?username=admin&password=aaaa, as I can stream successfully with VLC media player. Does anyone know what fields to fill out in the Blue Iris "Network IP Camera Configuration" to produce the RTSP URL above?

Make, Model, Video Path, etc.? Should the user and password fields be left blank and then added in the video path?? etc.

Nothing seems to work.

Camera is advertised as a Hikvision clone. Model number on the box is PG2285i.

Thanks for any help.
TimG

Re: Blue Iris Config for Chinese Camera PG2285i

Post by TimG »

I'm afraid with a no-name camera you may have to keep trying different permutations until you can get the image. You may get some help from "Onvif Device Manager", but it's never helped me much !

Did BI5 not manage to find anything when you did the search ? It's usually fairly successful.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Matts1984

Re: Blue Iris Config for Chinese Camera PG2285i

Post by Matts1984 »

Do you have the option in the camera config to not require authentication for the stream? You'd be able to dumb the config down if it's not required (at least for testing).

This is what my configs look like (I don't have your model) but maybe it would help?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (53.86 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras