Does Blue Iris tech support Help with configuring cameras?

IMISSANALOG

Does Blue Iris tech support Help with configuring cameras?

Post by IMISSANALOG »

I have blue iris running on am amd processor and 16gb of ram and a Nvidia graphics card. But that part I configured so my CPU with 4 cameras and going to 5 possibly 6. I originally thought I configured them all the same. But one takes snap shots on motion detection but I need to isolate a bush that sets it off when wind blows but Ironically when I needed it to detect a car 12 feet away so I could capture the plate number of the guy/LYFT driver who was in my car it was a complete fail!?! So frustrating soI wrote blue iris because I thought tech support was part of the yearly cost fortunately my older HD-SDI UNIT still works and I keep it recording and atleast got the footage of the always constant car prowlers in seattle. The guy was clever drive up and down the street checking door handles only one he found on my block was one of my cars my son left unlocked when he grabbed his skateboard. So I'm hoping to find out any news if they can help me with configuring my cameras to record video (4tb purple drive) and snap photos upon motion. I recently signed up for the license capture service that Blue Iris works with to also ad to my cameras.
Here is the footage the LYFT driver. Sorry about that to as my HD-SDI wasn't backing up at that time so I used a capture card and OBS studio software to record my play back. Thanks for any help.

https://youtu.be/sxnMQLo2R_M
MikeBwca

Re: Does Blue Iris tech support Help with configuring cameras?

Post by MikeBwca »

One long paragraph is hard to read. I stopped, but was able to get the jist.

- Set all cameras for 'Continuous' recording.
- Set to 'Record when triggered' with a pre-triggered buffer set to about 2-3 seconds.
- Set the area you want to use Motion Detection on by setting 'Use zones and hot spot' in 'Trigger'Motion sensor'. This will eliminate triggering by the bush. (Also trimming the bush would help a lot. It's a bit overgrown and I can see how you would get a lot of false triggers.

With continuous recording, you will ALWAYS get video that you can go back to. And, the triggered motion are not separate recordings, but pointers in the continuous .bvr files - saves space. You can always export the triggered motion clips, and save photo captures.

Reolink, and others, make battery powered Wifi cameras that you could place in your vehicle facing the street. You would get the license plate AND a full detailed video of the driver of the car. Print them out and post them on your vehicle at night. Next time he drives by (or another theif) they will get a shock and probably not show up again. Use these to send to the police.
You can also use one of your cameras for this. I've used a special usb power cable and a power bank to power a remotely placed camera. It works well. Tested, and with continuous recording, the cameras lasted 24 hours on a small power bank. I now have another that is several times larger (A Noco GB150) that should last several days. Hummmmm... I may just put one in my car tomorrow to test it out again.

Sounds like this is an ongoing issue. I would take 1 or even 2 cameras, and zoom them in on the street so you can get better detail for the license plates. Easier to use Continuous recording with Record 'When Triggered' and a pre-tiggered buffer of 2-3 seconds. That way you'll get every vehicle/person passing, and pointers in the timeline.

At night, when there have been suspicious persons lurking around my car/yard, I've used the key fob and pressed the PANIC button. It's funny to watch THEM panic and run! They don't return.

Rather than chase someone with a gun, just take a few soup/veg cans, and chuck it at the vehicle to break one of the windows (at least dent the car). I doubt they will call the police and report you. Call the police. It's hard to hide a shattered rear/front window. Another tactic is to use a paintball gun and fire several rounds at the car/persons. Again, it's difficult to hide from police with paintball splatter all over their car and person. Use a florescent dye paintball that is difficult to remove - they do make them.

Watching the video, it would have been great if you snuck past him and got in his car and drove it away several blocks and just parked it someplace illegal.
IMISSANALOG

Post by IMISSANALOG »

Its funny you said that about stealing his car. After everything was done I thought the exact same thing. The soup cans are a genius idea because here I was gonna keep a brick outside my door to grab. But soup cans will be lighter and make good dents and or break a window.

Sorry about the long paragraph. I get writing and just go while all my questions are fresh in my head. Not sure if you realized but the footage is from my other system my blueiris system got nada. But now with those settings I should be fine and LPR subscription hopefully get something.
The Owl Car cam is what I think I will installing in my car as its connected to your phone via gsm and u can monitor your car real time also alerts you with screen shots/video in the event of a door ding, some one backs into you and last but not least breaks into your car records and send video to you. Appreciate you taking the time to give me help on my system. Now I can have ultra clear footage of the next altercation 😁
IMISSANALOG

Post by IMISSANALOG »

@MikeBwca
When you suggested zones and hot spots is the area recording the area that's filled in with the yellow boxes or the area that is visible with yellow boxes I removed?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I'm not understanding your question. Can you re phrase?
Also, screen capture(s) woudl help a lot.
IMISSANALOG

Post by IMISSANALOG »

Hi sorry. still learning the camera vernacular. Are the yellow blocked squares the area im detecting motion or blocking out so it doesnt trigger camera?

https://youtu.be/Lb_8yE3VD6A
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

yellow is detect area....have a watch of this, whilst its on a BI4 system, its all much the same. It will give you a better understanding of how it works - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MdNdmchwhk
IMISSANALOG

Post by IMISSANALOG »

MikeBwca wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:44 am One long paragraph is hard to read. I stopped, but was able to get the jist.

- Set all cameras for 'Continuous' recording.
- Set to 'Record when triggered' with a pre-triggered buffer set to about 2-3 seconds.
- Set the area you want to use Motion Detection on by setting 'Use zones and hot spot' in 'Trigger'Motion sensor'. This will eliminate triggering by the bush. (Also trimming the bush would help a lot. It's a bit overgrown and I can see how you would get a lot of false triggers.

With continuous recording, you will ALWAYS get video that you can go back to. And, the triggered motion are not separate recordings, but pointers in the continuous .bvr files - saves space. You can always export the triggered motion clips, and save photo captures.

Reolink, and others, make battery powered Wifi cameras that you could place in your vehicle facing the street. You would get the license plate AND a full detailed video of the driver of the car. Print them out and post them on your vehicle at night. Next time he drives by (or another theif) they will get a shock and probably not show up again. Use these to send to the police.
You can also use one of your cameras for this. I've used a special usb power cable and a power bank to power a remotely placed camera. It works well. Tested, and with continuous recording, the cameras lasted 24 hours on a small power bank. I now have another that is several times larger (A Noco GB150) that should last several days. Hummmmm... I may just put one in my car tomorrow to test it out again.

Sounds like this is an ongoing issue. I would take 1 or even 2 cameras, and zoom them in on the street so you can get better detail for the license plates. Easier to use Continuous recording with Record 'When Triggered' and a pre-tiggered buffer of 2-3 seconds. That way you'll get every vehicle/person passing, and pointers in the timeline.

At night, when there have been suspicious persons lurking around my car/yard, I've used the key fob and pressed the PANIC button. It's funny to watch THEM panic and run! They don't return.

Rather than chase someone with a gun, just take a few soup/veg cans, and chuck it at the vehicle to break one of the windows (at least dent the car). I doubt they will call the police and report you. Call the police. It's hard to hide a shattered rear/front window. Another tactic is to use a paintball gun and fire several rounds at the car/persons. Again, it's difficult to hide from police with paintball splatter all over their car and person. Use a florescent dye paintball that is difficult to remove - they do make them.

Watching the video, it would have been great if you snuck past him and got in his car and drove it away several blocks and just parked it someplace illegal.
So happened again this time found out my rear facing camera was set up wrong trigger wise. meaning wrong area highlighted or i would have a license plate. subscribed to APLR but having issues with that as well and im finding that their customer service isn't the best as a rep emailed me asking what I thought and I wrote him back twice and no reply? Lollll! maybe he meant rhetorically? my question are you knowledgeable in this software?
Attachments
Screenshot 07-15-2020 18.07.23.jpg
Screenshot 07-15-2020 18.07.23.jpg (155.75 KiB) Viewed 9323 times
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I do not use ALPR, so I cannot help in that regard.

I would suggest to always use 'Continuous' recording on most cameras, especial the important ones. That way, you get everything.

Then, you can use 'Test run video thru motion detector' to fine tune the triggers.

One method I temporarily use is to clone the camera I'm working with a few times, then set up each clone with a slightly different set of triggers.. In this way, you can test several trigger settings simultaneously to see which one works best. This uses much more cpu and disk storage WHILE your testing. But, it's much quicker. Find which clone works best. Apply those settings to the clone master, then delete the clones (remember to delete their videos first).
TimG

Post by TimG »

IMISSANALOG -- Are those your log in details for anpr ? Delete ?

Your image is showing an error with a token, but I have no experience of this function.

And yes, continuous recording with triggers. That way BI gives you a trigger alert video. Even if it doesn't, you still have 24/7 recordings to look back through.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.