Lenovo Snowman IP security camera

mikeldub

Lenovo Snowman IP security camera

Post by mikeldub »

Hi all

Very new to Blue Iris and learning lots! Please be kind.

I've added my current cameras OK e.g. Foscam and Swann cameras (almost)

I have two cameras that are cheap IP WiFi cameras that just do a perfect job watching internally on our dog activities. Simple and does the job. I really don't want to replace the one I can't connect too.

Out of the box they are set-up so you install an app and then connect to that app to monitor the feed. I guess the feed is being hosted on a server 'somewhere' which is not my goal to this solution

1. Camera is now a feed into Blue Iris. Model ESCAM QF002 WIFI 720P IP Camera - I acquired the wifi password and ip/port and added that to Blue Iris. All good.

2. LENOVO Snowman IP Camera WiFi Wireless. I can connect to it and that is all, I cant find the IP Port/ password to add to Blue Iris

Does anyone know how I can login and find this information? Or point me in the right direction?

I'm in New Zealand and getting good quality cameras at a good price is impossible, so I really don't want to buy new cameras.

If I do plan on buying a replacement camera and also several more for internal use, which ones do folk suggest that work well..I prefer wifi and possibly battery but not an essential.

Any help really appreciated.

Regards
Mike
MikeBwca

Re: Lenovo Snowman IP security camera

Post by MikeBwca »

mikeldub wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:45 am Very new to Blue Iris and learning lots! Please be kind.
Always.
mikeldub wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:45 am 2. LENOVO Snowman IP Camera WiFi Wireless. I can connect to it and that is all, I cant find the IP Port/ password to add to Blue Iris
Does anyone know how I can login and find this information? Or point me in the right direction?
I don't see it in the list of cameras. But, that doesn't mean it won't work with BI - it just hasn't been tested and added to the 'Find/Inspect'.

- With the camera connected to your phone's camera app, check your router to see it's IP address and port #. Then use them with BI. There are camera apps that can give this info also.

- Contact BI support to see if they can help.