Profiles not functioning as expected

Sparks

Profiles not functioning as expected

Post by Sparks »

BI 4.x

I am having issues with profiles. I have more than 18 cameras which I swap in and out using profiles and for the most part this works just fine and keeps the CPU usage in check. Recently I created a new camera and selected 2 profiles to use it with. My issue is no matter which profile I select the camera is always visible. I cannot remove the cam from any profile. Two of my profiles are empty but this new cam always pops up in all 10 profiles.

Thanks in advance for any help.
MikeBwca

Re: Profiles not functioning as expected

Post by MikeBwca »

10 Profiles! How did you manage that? BI only have 7. Or, are you referring to 'Groups'?
What am I not understanding?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Thanks for the reply.
My mistake it was all 7 profiles.

I deleted the bad camera, then copied a working camera configuration to a new camera config then edited the IPs etc.
This is working as expected.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I have added a new camera and again it does not respond to the profile selection on the General Tab.
I have selected the camera be accessible in profile 1 and 2 but it is visible in every profile.

Anyone know of any tools such as a database viewer that I could use to troubleshoot what is going on with the configuration of these?
Not using any groups that I am aware of just a couple of profiles.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:56 am I have selected the camera be accessible in profile 1 and 2 but it is visible in every profile.
Can you give specific steps you've taken, and, provide screen captures?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hello and thanks for the response. As I recall this happened when I used the + to create a new camera. My solution this time was to copy an existing camera that had the correct profiles selected and then edit the name and URL of the cam. A bit of a work around but got me where I needed to be. I still do not have an answer or understand why the camera refused to obey the profile selectors. If there were a database utility I might be able to poke around and ascertain why this occurred. Could this have to do with the number of cameras in my configuration? I think there are close to 20 cams declared but not all are active in my normal profile as this would bring the serer down.

Since this is the second time this happened I will try adjusting the profiles on this new cam to see if duplicate the problem.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Here's a long shot...
If your using groups, group names must not be a camera long/short name. BI can get confused.