Low resolution clips?

bdo21

Low resolution clips?

Post by bdo21 »

I had a recent embarrassing incident which has prompted me to try and figure out what I have configured incorrectly.

I was on holiday and I got a notification about movement from blue iris (albeit I only saw it an hour or so late). The clip alarmingly showed three people walking around my house so i called my neighbours who had a look around for me. I subsequently found out that it was my parents in law showing a friend the house but the resolution on the clip was so poor I couldn’t recognise them (I can upload a screenshot if helpful). I can see live video through the blue iris iOS app in HD quality but the clips are useless.

To rub salt in the wound, my parents in law also went to my brother in law’s house and his cheap and cheerful camera system sent him high resolution pictures.

What have I configured incorrectly??

Thanks!
MikeBwca

Re: Low resolution clips?

Post by MikeBwca »

bdo21 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:15 pm I was on holiday and I got a notification about movement from blue iris (albeit I only saw it an hour or so late). The clip...
Was this via email? If so, check the 'Quality'' and 'Scale' settings in the Alert email setting. This will greatly effect the quality of the attachments. I have mine set at 50%. If you don't get many alerts, and your email handles the larger size attachments, you could set them higher.
bdo21

Post by bdo21 »

Thanks for your reply. This is on the blue iris iOS app. For example, when I am in the cameras view, it shows me the live image on the left and a clip from an alert on the right and these alerts on the right are very low resolution.

Thank you
terk

Post by terk »

On the record tab for that cameras properties click the Video file format and compression button and post a screenshot of that if you can.
bdo21

Post by bdo21 »

Sorry but I tried to post a screenshot and the forum gives me an error that the file is too large, despite it only being 475KB. Do I need to have permission to attach files?

Thanks!
terk

Post by terk »

Not that I know of, what are your settings currently, is it setup to re-encode? If so try Direct to disc.
Video format.jpg
Video format.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 9494 times